help my friend to find IEM
Jan 23, 2008 at 7:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

voicemaster

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, i have been looking in this forum for 1 week. Just recently my friend called me for an advice for IEM. He is looking for an IEM that can match the bass in Sennheisser PX-100 ><. I recommended him the PX-100 for him and now he is trying to find an IEM that can match it. He tried Shure e-3xx and e-4xx but he still not satisfied with the bass, added to that he said he doesn't want IEM that is bright in treble =S. I don't have any idea of wat IEM that can match the bass from full size can
confused.gif
. I have sony EX-61LP and for me it has alot of bass, so i will lend it to him for a week for him to try it out, but the treble seems to be very bright on some songs (especially cymbals which he probably won't like ><'').

Thanks
redface.gif

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #3 of 9
He should have tried the SE530/E500's. The bass in those are not lacking in the least.

It is also very important to note with the Shure's that seal is important and that the various tips do make a good amount of different sonically.

Jan 23, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #6 of 9
I think he'll really like v-moda vibes...or cx300 or something along those lines. I think he's looking for a dynamic driver opposed to the armature designs so higher end would be something like atrio m5.

Jan 23, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #7 of 9
It depends on what he is looking to spend. I f he wants to stay in the lower range then the Metro.fi 2 would be a good choice. $54.99

UE Metro.fi 2

If he is looking to spend $150 or so then I owuld suggest the Denon AH-C700 or Atrio M5.

Denon AH-C700

Look for road-dog-on-line on eBay for the Atrio's.

Jan 23, 2008 at 7:10 PM Post #8 of 9
He is looking at the $300 Shure (which he think doesn't have alot of bass), so i am sure he won't mind to spend at least that much.

Jan 23, 2008 at 8:39 PM Post #9 of 9
Shure is said to excel at the higher end of its product line ... but for less than half of what a pair of $300 Shures would cost, your friend can get the bass-rich Future Sonics Atrio M5s.

Don't let the unwieldy name or the marketing photo of the earphones with the weird-looking flanges put you or your friend off of these -- check out the Future Sonics thread for opinions and comments on these very natural-sounding earphones that do a very good job with bass. As I've said elsewhere, they do everything the PX100's do, only much better. With foamies (Shure black or Comply, or the Future Sonics foamies that come with the earphones), the fit is comfortable and the sound is rich and nonfatiguing, especially for an IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back