Help! My fingers are raw from screwing in the terminal plugs on my Hifi He500
Feb 11, 2017 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sonicx2218

Head-Fier
I have both the stock and a high quality cable for my He500. Both of the terminal screw connections that go into the headphones are incredibly difficult for me. It takes me maybe 5-10 minutes just to screw them in and even then, they come undone while in use sometimes. My fingers feel too big to just turn the top part without accidentally twisting the cable as well. I'm typing this because my fingers feel raw after one day of multiple uses. Does anyone have tips for this? It's equally difficult with both stock and high quality plugs, and I can't get them to stay in...

Feb 11, 2017 at 3:37 PM Post #2 of 3
Close to the 'final screw' when I can feel it reaching the end, I twist the cable about half a turn backwards, and twist the top part together with the cable until it's tight.
So the cable returns to the 'natural' untwisted position while making the final twist to tighten the cable on.

This feels easier and more natural than piddling around with the tiny surface area they give you on the stock cable screw.
I don't think my cable has ever come loose after using this method.

Feb 11, 2017 at 4:18 PM Post #3 of 3
Close to the 'final screw' when I can feel it reaching the end, I twist the cable about half a turn backwards, and twist the top part together with the cable until it's tight.
So the cable returns to the 'natural' untwisted position while making the final twist to tighten the cable on.

This feels easier and more natural than piddling around with the tiny surface area they give you on the stock cable screw.
I don't think my cable has ever come loose after using this method.

Thanks so much! That's really helpful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back