help!! my brand new darkvoice 336se is not outputting anything!
Jun 27, 2009 at 11:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

amp74

New Head-Fier
all cables confirmed. tubes confirmed. when i turned it on for the first time, there was a electric snapping pop sound once. then the tubes started glowing. then i pressed play, and nothing. no hum, no sound at all. what gives?

Jun 28, 2009 at 12:06 AM Post #3 of 8
i know this cd player works. i plugged it into an integrated amp to check...

Jun 28, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #4 of 8
So the tubes are both glowing, but you get ZERO output? You do not even hear any slight hum or hiss if you have the volume control all the way up? If that is the case, something is definitely wrong with the amp.

But if you do head even a slight hiss or hum from the amp when the volume control is turned up all the way, it does seem like it might be a cabling or source issue.

And also, the large tube is in the back and the small one in the front? The amp will actually work, for a very short time, with the tubes in the wrong positions, since the 6AS7 and 6SN7 have the same pin-out. But the amp won's last very long this way
wink.gif

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #6 of 8
tubes placed correcty. no hiss hum or nothing. black silence as though it is off. cabling all correct. there is a chromy dark film around the base of both tubes that i dont beleive was there when i installed yesterday, as though they have been scorched or something. there was one electric pop hiss when i turned it on the first time. then nothing.

Jun 28, 2009 at 4:47 PM Post #7 of 8
I think it's very unlikely that any tubes have blown, but then again it is possible. Sorry dude, but I'm sure the guys at WooAudio can repair it if other Head-Fiers can't find the problem.

Jun 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by amp74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tubes placed correcty. no hiss hum or nothing. black silence as though it is off. cabling all correct. there is a chromy dark film around the base of both tubes that i dont beleive was there when i installed yesterday, as though they have been scorched or something. there was one electric pop hiss when i turned it on the first time. then nothing.

I would open it up and see what blew. Sounds like either a capacitor or resistor fried....Take some pictures and post them here if you can...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back