Help MuppetFace get her K1000
Aug 27, 2010 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

MuppetFace

A Special Snowflake
Hello fellow head-fi members,

I thought this was the best place to put this thread, as it has to do with shipping more than headphones.

I'm trying to work with a reputable head-fi member to get a pair of AKG K1000 shipped from Denmark to where I live in the US. I've got the money for it, but the problem here seems to be insuring this shipment.

Apparently the postal system in Denmark won't insure international packages, even packages to the US. Which seems utterly bizarre to me, but what do I know. The seller is telling me that courier services like UPS and Fed Ex are asking for "ridiculous" sums of money so he's not wanting to go through those. Now, I've had international packages delivered insured from all over the world without any problems. Apparently Denmark is different?

At this point I'm asking for any advice, especially if you are from or have ever bought something from someone living in Denmark. Help a girl out and let me know the best solution for insuring these K1000 and having them sent to the US.

Aug 28, 2010 at 2:54 AM Post #2 of 6
I see no reason that it would be more expensive than anywhere else.

A $1000 insurance on a parcel from Australia to America costs $30.

If he is refusing to insure it walk,K1000's crop up for sale quite often.

Aug 29, 2010 at 8:06 AM Post #3 of 6
I live in the Netherlands, and the postal service here is similar in that regard.
Last time I checked (some months ago), they will not allow you to insure above a certain amount for shipments outside the EU (it was around €130), the shipping cost itself
was quite high as well compared to inside EU shipping.

As for UPS and similar, I've had buyers ask me if they could get things shipped by those companies instead.
I've tried filling in their online form, and it always gives some ridiculous estimate, even for the cheaper shipping options (think €100+ even for a small, light package).

Can't help you with the problem at hand, but just trying to explain that the seller is not all that unreasonable or lying about the situation.

Aug 29, 2010 at 8:52 AM Post #5 of 6
Yeah, I have no doubts about the guy's integrity. His feedback has been great and he has been very helpful in explaining everything.

Right now we're just looking for cheaper options. Otherwise, I may just breakdown and pay the $350 for shipping to the US. I really want that K1000! It's in absolute mint condition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back