[Help] modded RHA T10... gone wrong.
Aug 29, 2015 at 10:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

zzubbione

New Head-Fier
Hello!!!
first, please, forgive my English. Frenchy guy inside with... "internet English skills".
Finally, i decide to post here  my problem.
I discovered "portable HIFI music" by this forum. (and so many thanks for it !!)

For the background, i'm a listener of all kind of music... with limits. but these last 2 or 3 years, i mostly listened electronic music.
BUT, for exemple, at this time, my favorites albums are "Magnatron", "kung fury OST" and some J or K-pop.... :D
By the way, i am like a "basshead".

For the settings : my X1 is not set on line out but headphones. because, to my ear lineout is to much loud and give weird sound. the volume is "fixed" to 80 % max. and, btw i love to have the possibility to set my EQ like i want.

Since 3 or 4 weeks i've made my rig from an fiio X1,and a shozy px-m1. For the "monitor" i use shure se425(yes for a basshead guy....), RHA T10, and my lovely velodyne vtrue.

And now my problem :

With my T10 (modded, i explain later), i have "crispy sound". and like a "cropped" scene... i get this problem with all my amps. but not, if no amp. yeah, it's like a double amping.

3 weeks ago, i have modded my RHA. because i LOVE it. but I HATE the cable..... so i modded it with paracord for the housing, and reduced the lenght. i made my soldering with high end silver and with monitored temperature solder- iron (didn't want to burn my t10)
So, it's not a "one piece" cable. the splitter hide the cut and soldering.

SO... what i made wrong ?
i made mesuring at my work (no explanation, but i asked to a skilled guy at the "laboratory"at my job  if my cable are good. and my cable is under 0,03 ohms. not bad..... no????

just for precise my "modding" didn't destroy the T10... (in a perfect world....)

SO ... why i get this crispy sound ??!!???

please help me,  if i destroyed my rha....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back