Help! Missing PPA Parts!
Oct 24, 2003 at 4:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

nauqneyugn

100+ Head-Fier
As my PPA near completion...I find that I'm missing several parts. Unfortunately...I'm almost out of money as well
eek.gif
but I'm so close to be able my PPA officially maxed out.
very_evil_smiley.gif

If anyone has nine spare 1 or 1.5uF Wimas I can use for C2/C5 (no I cannot find them anywhere...
confused.gif
) and some Cerafines/Silimics for C1 that I can have or buy - I would be eternally indebted to you. I have paypal...

Has anyone tried 8610BRs in their PPA yet?
evil_smiley.gif

Edit: I wanted to add that Headfi is a great community, I've learned a great deal from lurking within the site. This is among one of the few communities I've seen that is willing to help eachother out.
biggrin.gif

Oct 24, 2003 at 4:40 PM Post #3 of 14
Wah... Your high end part very good one leh....
biggrin.gif

I got 1uF poly cap able to get at S$0.80 here. No brand of course. Pm me if you need it....

Oct 24, 2003 at 4:51 PM Post #5 of 14
you can always upgrade the cap later, it would be kinda fun too. The lead time is really long but WIMA will send you free samples if you talk to them the right way. "hey baby nice caps!"
cool.gif

milo

Oct 24, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #7 of 14
by the way, did you use solid gold internal wireing? did you cast your PPA into a block of 3'x3' concrete to avoid vibrations? did you invent a new way of creating a pcb that makes each trace out of solid silver and seperated by a unique (uninvented) non conductive em sheilded substance. Is the transformer a silverwound c-core, hand wound by the old makers of acrosound transformers that you went back in time to have made?

There will always be something that you could have done that someone else will eventually do. the question is what sounds good. Nice job building the PPA though, is it your first amp?

Milo

Oct 24, 2003 at 5:17 PM Post #8 of 14
JMT: YGPM!
biggrin.gif

My PPA uses all the latest alien technology.
evil_smiley.gif
Its going to be housed in a antigravity chamber that I've suspended in my personal wormhole. As for wiring...I'm using a metal that cannot be expressed in our mere human language. Powerwise...I have a personal nuclear power plant in my dorm room, so I thought I'd just use that.

Muahaha!

I know as I move to higher quality components, I'm getting diminishing returns, but thats the audiophile way of life right?
biggrin.gif

The PPA will be my first amp, yes!

Oct 24, 2003 at 5:27 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

...but then I can't officially call my PPA maxed out.

Nonsense. Using BC and Panasonic caps is perfectly acceptable. I defy you to hear or measure any difference.

Oct 25, 2003 at 10:17 AM Post #13 of 14
yeah i have the 8610's ... my favorite for detail ....

Oct 25, 2003 at 3:32 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Has anyone tried 8610BRs

I guess you're specifically asking about the B vs. the A grade. The A's have low enough DC offset to work even with bass boost. The main advantage of the Bs is still lower DC offset, which isn't terribly useful here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back