Help me with Shure's warranty
Mar 30, 2007 at 8:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

ttnl

100+ Head-Fier
Hi, I have a question about Shure's warranty on the earphone. Right now I have a very good deal for E4c, but the problem is it comes with no receipt or proof of purchase. So, if something happen to it, can I call Shure and tell them that I lost the proof of purchase and request a repair or replacement? Do you think they will accept that? Have anyone tried that? What about those E4c bought in buy/sell forum that has been registered under someone else name? Thanks in advance.

Mar 30, 2007 at 8:49 PM Post #2 of 7
yep...actually your headphones should have manufacture date stamped on the side.

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:26 PM Post #3 of 7
It's a manufacturer's warranty, I don't see why it would be such a problem.

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:32 PM Post #4 of 7
oh, maybe I didn't phrase my question clearly. On Shure Website, it states that in order for the warranty to work, one must have receipt of purchase from an authorized dealer. In my case, I buy the E4c from someone with no receipt. So, will Shure still honor the warranty if my E4c break down in a near future? Thanks for clarifying this for me.

Mar 30, 2007 at 9:53 PM Post #6 of 7
I recently had my E4 replaced without a receipt, with no questions asked. The date of manufacture stamped on the headphone jack demonstrated that the item was still within the warranty period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back