Help me with Christmas? Macaw NE1S / other wireless IEMs
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Justin US

New Head-Fier
Hello,

So. I'm a low-budget audiophile and my sister has asked for wireless earbuds for Christmas (she is not an audiophile, but enjoys a base level of quality). I know nothing about IEM, or what wireless products are out there. I found the Macaw NE1S for $55, and I am looking for something under $100- can anyone comment on these? If not, can anyone recommend wireless IEMs for me to research?

If anyone is considering recommendations for me (thank you), I believe she likes a bright sound signature with reasonably tight bass. I don't think she wants a mid focused sound, but not too recessed mids either. Somewhere in the middle range of signature aside from the high end. Durability is a definite consideration.

I saw people talking about a different Macaw IEM in the same price range where they mentioned sparkly treble and a level midrange, so this is why I am considering this wireless model- I'm hoping it might be the same driver with wireless hardware added.

https://drop.com/buy/macaw-ne1s-true-wireless-bluetooth-5-0-iem/details#details

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #2 of 3
Hello,

So. I'm a low-budget audiophile and my sister has asked for wireless earbuds for Christmas (she is not an audiophile, but enjoys a base level of quality). I know nothing about IEM, or what wireless products are out there. I found the Macaw NE1S for $55, and I am looking for something under $100- can anyone comment on these? If not, can anyone recommend wireless IEMs for me to research?

If anyone is considering recommendations for me (thank you), I believe she likes a bright sound signature with reasonably tight bass. I don't think she wants a mid focused sound, but not too recessed mids either. Somewhere in the middle range of signature aside from the high end. Durability is a definite consideration.

I saw people talking about a different Macaw IEM in the same price range where they mentioned sparkly treble and a level midrange, so this is why I am considering this wireless model- I'm hoping it might be the same driver with wireless hardware added.

U can ask the folks at this thread: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/going-fully-wireless-iems-too-soon-or-are-we-there-yet.861024/
They've given me good advise in the past on wireless stuff.

The only wireless gear I use is a TRN BT20 wireless adapter (~ 30 USD) with an IEM with detachable cables. There are many great CHIFI IEMs that are sub $50 USD that have been released recently, so u can just pair the wireless adapter with the IEM and hook it over the ear, total cost sub $100 USD. So u can preserve the sound signature of a wired IEM u like by just detaching it and pairing it with the BT20. Though if u want a dedicated single wireless device, best to ask the others in the thread.

Good luck in your search!

Nov 13, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 3
Thank you! I would probably go that far, but my sister will want a single device- I'll check out that thread right now.

I've posted something shorter over in that thread with a link to this one, but I am still looking for recommendations and experience.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back