help me with broken karma!!
Apr 30, 2004 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

fappar

100+ Head-Fier
If I try to start it up normally, it just shows the loading screen for a looong time and shuts off. If I boot into service mode, it throws me an hdd error.

I do not think there is a way to fix this myself, so what do I do? Will it be cheaper to sell this broken and buy one on ebay? Or can I send it to Rio for repairs? It is by no means under warranty, as I purchased it in December and was too stupid to buy a three year warranty. Will electronics repair places do any good?

I WANT MY MUSIC!!!!!!

thanks

Apr 30, 2004 at 4:50 AM Post #5 of 11
LoL. i take it the method worked...

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 11
Actually the method isn't as common as you think. People usually go to forums for help, those who are happy with the product are less likely to speak out. Not only that, but the people with problems tend to make a lot of noise about their problems. I have a Karma and I am quite happy with it, in fact, it is probably the best DAP out there (if you don't need extra features like fm, recording, etc.) So, just saying, not every Karam brakes. Oh ya, a fappar(sp) you need to change your sig, if your Karma is fixed.

Apr 30, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by jet_fighter00
Actually the method isn't as common as you think. People usually go to forums for help, those who are happy with the product are less likely to speak out. Not only that, but the people with problems tend to make a lot of noise about their problems. I have a Karma and I am quite happy with it, in fact, it is probably the best DAP out there (if you don't need extra features like fm, recording, etc.) So, just saying, not every Karam brakes. Oh ya, a fappar(sp) you need to change your sig, if your Karma is fixed.

smily_headphones1.gif

Just bought some screen protectors from you, btw. (lordusar)

It will have a remote, anyway. That is obvious just from looking at the headphone connector. What is up with the lack of remote, anyway. that bugs me...
frown.gif

Apr 30, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #9 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by kelvinz
so did it work or not?

yuppers. Took a minute or two to rebuild the database, but once that was done I jammed in my eggos (my v6 and cmoy are back at home, though the amp isnt really needed for either 'phone).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back