Help me use my computer better.
Aug 2, 2003 at 8:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14
Two questions.

1) Every so often you guys post images of your desktop, or the window that you are in, or the program you're viewing. How do you do that? I'd like to be able to save stuff on my screen as a jpeg file.

2) Does anyone know of any links or sites that show a list of keyboard shortcuts? I often find myself using the mouse too often, and there are some people who can use their keyboard to do nearly everything. (For example, alt+tab bring up a menu of the windows that you hjave open, and then you can hit tab to quickly change between the windows... you know, stuff like that.)

Thanks.

- Post #1002.
wink.gif
(I figure it's about time I learn these things.)

Aug 2, 2003 at 8:17 AM Post #2 of 14
For #1, all you have to do (to take a picture of your screen) is press 'print screen' on your keyboard, then go to a graphics or image editing program and paste.

Aug 2, 2003 at 6:54 PM Post #5 of 14
here's some: Windows-E opens explorer, Windows-R opens "Run", Windows-F opens Find, don't really use them...but being able to do shutdowns without looking is nice...->Windows-R, Type CMD, then type shutdown -s, or shutdown -l to logoff
smily_headphones1.gif
(not sure if this works in non0nt environments, never tried
wink.gif
)

Aug 3, 2003 at 2:47 PM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by sapphiremodena

1) Every so often you guys post images of your desktop, or the window that you are in, or the program you're viewing. How do you do that? I'd like to be able to save stuff on my screen as a jpeg file.

I`ve been hoping for months someone would dare to ask this. I didn`t have the courage.
wink.gif

Thanx for the answer, MusicLover.

Aug 4, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by D-EJ915
but being able to do shutdowns without looking is nice...->Windows-R, Type CMD, then type shutdown -s, or shutdown -l to logoff
smily_headphones1.gif
(not sure if this works in non0nt environments, never tried
wink.gif
)

I often use "windows -> u -> enter" to shutdown. It seems faster than your method.

Aug 4, 2003 at 4:20 AM Post #11 of 14
Several graphics programs have good screen capture capabilities.

Paint Shop Pro 7 for example has in the File-Import-Screen capture-Setup menu the ability to select an area, full screen, client area, window or object. It will capture based on a right mouse click, a hot key you specify or a timer you set. You can also include the cursor or not.

Once captured you can process the image in almost any way you want. It's a great feature.

Gord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back