Help me upgrade my system (£150/$300 budget)
Jan 18, 2007 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

crazy_bob_uk

New Head-Fier
So i've just sold my nad C521i for £90 and i want to spend that money (plus a bit of my own) on upgrading my computer music system. I currently have a M-audio 24/96 which feeds a Nad C320 into either HD595's or Acoustic energy aegis evo one's.
So i have a £150 ($300) budget including delivery, which would increase by £40 if i sold my M-Audio card. I think I'll be best getting a external DAC, but there are quite a few in this price range that always get talked highly of.

My current shortlist is:

Zhalou 2.5A
with upgraded headphone amp and maybe a usb-coax convertor for $30
Musiland MD10
USB is usefull but can be added externally, not sure what the headphone amp in this compares to the Zhalou
HeadRoom Micro DAC
I don't like on the connections being on the front
Citypulse DA7.2
A bit out of my price range, and i dont need the balanced output, can it be worth paying the extra?

So which one is best for me and my setup, at the moment i'm thinking the zhalou is the best choice as i dont mind doing a bit of modding.

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:11 PM Post #2 of 3
anyone?

Jan 23, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 3
i dont have much experience with the various things on your list, but I CAN say that the zhaolu 2.5a with upgraded headphone amp is a good "all-in-one box" kind of setup that will look nice too. simple and clean... just the way i like it! or was it messy and dirty?
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back