Help me understand the Audeze iSINE 10's
Nov 29, 2020 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

fetoll123

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone. So im quite new in the community but has sort of gathered a couple of headphones and been trying out some stuff recently. The third IEM (IEH?) I thought I would try out would be the Audeze iSINE 10 Planar magnetics. Heard pretty much mostly excellent things about them (soundwise) and I gave it a shot. Bought them on ebay used and got a great deal on them and they arrive in perfect shape. Went on to try them and well..

They sound AWFUL! I dont know what it is. I tried both the cipher cable and the stock cable and NOTHING made them sound any better. I tried the EQ settings some provided (even audeze themselves) and even then they sounded awful. So I decided to try some other tips that had better isolation; a muddy mess. I tried the tips that came with the FH7s that for me are perfect. Yet they still sounded bad.

What do I mean by awful? Well.. muddy? Not clear, clean? Like theres a layer of grease between me and the iSINEs. I compare these to EVERY other IEM that i own and all of them are more clear. ALL OF THEM. Here's an interesting point aswell. I tried them, just for giggles, in my ear without any tips on them, and even though the bass was not present at all, and sound was just sort of far away, there was more clarity? And what was there, was awesome.

Am I the insane one here or is my hearing like superhuman or something? Cause not one person mentions this. Anyhow.. if anyone could PLEASE tell me how to get the sound, the CLARITY, from these IEMs i would love that.

Sorry for long thread.

Nov 29, 2020 at 5:56 PM Post #2 of 2
Checkout the dedicated thread for more information: link

The iSine 10/20 are more of a tweener, between earbuds and IEMs, as far as how they are positioned in the ear; they don't get a very good seal. As such I treat my iSine 10s more akin to earbuds. I use them sparingly, when I'm isolated and in the mood for instrumentals.

But to be honest, with the advent of affordable IEMs with newer materials (e.g. beryllium dynamic drivers), I don't play the iSines that much anymore.

Still, as a collector, I'll keep a set of planars in my drawer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back