Help me understand my Ray Samuels HR-2
Mar 28, 2006 at 7:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

dead of night

100+ Head-Fier
Hi. I am the proud owner of a new, Ray Samuels HR-2. Although I am enjoying it very much, I feel that I don't know the finer points to look for that would enable me to fully appreciate it. When listening to music with my Sennheiser 650s, what are some of the things that the HR-2 brings to the equation?

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 5
Have you read the reviews in the archive?

Just plug and listen. You should hear absolutely no self noise or a noise floor; there should just be a "blackground." Also, you should hear a warm and tube sound with powerful bass, a very smooth and sweet midrange, and slightly sparkling trebles. Lastly, you may want to consider rolling op-amps and power cords, but do so after hearing the headphone amplifier for at least one week. By the way, do a search for the different op-amps and their sonic signatures.

Mar 28, 2006 at 8:25 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by dead of night
When listening to music with my Sennheiser 650s, what are some of the things that the HR-2 brings to the equation?

How about enjoyment of the music?
tongue.gif
Otherwise, run away from Head-Fi before it's too late.

Mar 29, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #5 of 5
Give it 1-2 weeks where you listen only to it. Then after that time is over, try going back to your old form of amplification. Differences should be fairly obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back