HELP me to identify this Siemens ECC82
Oct 24, 2016 at 6:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

novice

Head-Fier
Please help me identifying this tube? Seller does not wish to divulge more information, so help really needed to see if this is worth buying at $60. Thank you!

Oct 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #3 of 5
What are you trying to figure out exactly?  Appears to be Siemens from what's left of the logos.  Also a decent chance they're used as the logo is mostly gone from both.  

I'm trying to find out if it is worth buying, as in how do these sound, are these rare enough to warrant such high price. but not gonna happen until i can identify this thing. Siemens yes, which one?

Oct 28, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #4 of 5
I don't think anyone ever bought the Siemen's trademark or tooling to produce modern re-issues, so Siemens is Siemens.  The fact that these proudly advertise 'Made in West Germany' in both English and French makes me think it's from well after WWII (at least 60s, 12AU7 first issued in '47).  I don't have any listening experience with these tubes, but generally I've found that the circuit implementation itself has a much, much larger impact on sound than the tube brand.  

As far as cost/rarity, $60 isn't a bad price.  

Oct 28, 2016 at 7:32 PM Post #5 of 5
I don't think anyone ever bought the Siemen's trademark or tooling to produce modern re-issues, so Siemens is Siemens.  The fact that these proudly advertise 'Made in West Germany' in both English and French makes me think it's from well after WWII (at least 60s, 12AU7 first issued in '47).  I don't have any listening experience with these tubes, but generally I've found that the circuit implementation itself has a much, much larger impact on sound than the tube brand.  

As far as cost/rarity, $60 isn't a bad price.  

Thank you @sodacose!

So that means these things aren't very popular? Based on rarity alone it's worth $60, but without any idea how do these sound I really don't know if I should buy it (online, no return). I'm not a collector, what if they sound awful? Oh man...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back