Help me to choose a new mp3 player.
Feb 6, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #31 of 39
Quote:
just bought my new Sansa Fuze V2  
Amazing player.,    

but i listen to my k518 at %80   volume ...  imo my ears are bad..
i will prob buy an amp soon to my setup..  the Fiio 11... 

again thank you all for your support and help..  great forum..  

I'm not surprised you need to turn it up....all the sound bits inside if it are pretty much the same as the Clip you tried before and thought was too quiet.  The FiiO E11 will solve that for you though.

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #32 of 39
i bought the fuze just because i like how it look and  easy to use..
the zip is ugly imo.  
and i knew they are the same as you already told me this 2 pages ago.  

will buy in the future amp and i will be good to go..  maybe i will buy a new headphones as well    such as the AKG K450 

we all need to live on cheap chinese nudels once in a while..    

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:51 PM Post #33 of 39
Quote:
I'm replacing my Ipod classic and the clip has been recommended. So, I've got a good bit of music on my old classic-maybe 3-4,000 songs or so. It looks like it comes in 4 and 8 GB. Guess, I'd go for the larger one....

It really doesn't matter much: the slot in the Clip+ will take a 32GB expansion chip, so you'll have either a 36GB or 40GB player. Expansion slots - you have to love them!

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:01 PM Post #34 of 39
Quote:
I'm not surprised you need to turn it up....all the sound bits inside if it are pretty much the same as the Clip you tried before and thought was too quiet.  

Actually he didn't say that: he said that he played at "mid-range volume" and the Clip Zip wasn't bright enough....

Volt - I am a bit concerned for your hearing that you need to play at 80% with these sort of phones. The amp inside the Clip and Fuze is a bit more powerful than average and your phones are supposed to be designed for DAPs and you're having to turn the volume up much higher than I do with HD25s - you might want to get  your hearing checked. Do you or have you used IEMs much? With  or without their use - but more so with! - it's possible to build up a quite horrible amount of wax in your ear canals. You can soften it with lukewarm olive oil and let it run out -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsIPqWYDA6w

Oh - and is the sound bright enough for you now?

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:06 PM Post #35 of 39
..If you are having a wax problem, the sooner you do something about it the better - it gets much nastier to deal with past a certain point. From experience, you do NOT want to go past that point!

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:20 PM Post #36 of 39
the reason for my awful hearing .

i used to serve in the army a while ago and i  usually spent 16 hours per day in the firing range.   even sometimes with out any protection. 
most of us got hearing problems..   but i still can hear static noise on bad  headphones and players.    and not clear enough sound.   and my ears don't hurt after long time
listning to headphones so i guess it is okay.. 

and yes it is sad i know..     

well thats sorted - they do sound much brighter indeed .   not as dark quite  as before on the zip..  
again it might be only my head messing with me and they might sound the same.. 

ps.  lol tea time..    awesome country!!!    
thank you for the tip i use the olive oil just in case and i will check with a doctor-   the last time i  met one was 7 years ago.. 

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #37 of 39
Quote:
the reason for my awful hearing .

i used to serve in the army a while ago and i  usually spent 16 hours per day in the firing range.   even sometimes with out any protection. 
most of us got hearing problems..   but i still can hear static noise on bad  headphones and players.    and not clear enough sound.   and my ears don't hurt after long time
listning to headphones so i guess it is okay.. 

It sounds like you might have lost more of the treble part of your range than the mid and bass..?

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #38 of 39
i dont know what i lost  i just know that my hearing is not as good as it used to be. 

i guess i had a very good one if i still can hear how bad the sansa eaphone which came with my fuze are.

as i said i dont think that i am a "real" audiophile as some people here on the forums are ..     i do love good clear sound but i am not a sound engineer or a musician to really understnad why
$600 headphones are good..     or what is the difference between  expensive headphone . 

May 28, 2013 at 12:29 AM Post #39 of 39

Users who are viewing this thread

Back