Help Me Spend Some Money (closed can rec)
Jan 31, 2008 at 2:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Predator88

100+ Head-Fier
Well I've been enjoying my MS1s for a couple of years now, they're still rocking pretty hard. However living in the dorms there are moments (more often than not) where I'd like to spare my roommate from hearing my tunes (all while canceling out him watching TV).

Some background. I listen to pretty much everything so something all purpose. But most importantly, I need these headphones to be able to just rock out. Obviously headphones will never beat my speakers, but I'd love to be able to almost feel that bass while still preserving the clarity of the music. Think of it like this; picture being at an Aerosmith concert. Aside from music I love watching movies. Oh yea, my budget is looking like $150ish tops.

I've been searching the forums for a few days and have come up with the following choices in no particular order...
1) Beyer DT770
2) AKG K271
3) Denon d1000
4) Equation RP-21
5) Audio Technica ATH900
6) AKG K81dj

Obviously open to any other recommendations. Thanks.

Jan 31, 2008 at 2:28 AM Post #2 of 5
I would recommand ES-7s into the mix. I regret selling mine, and now I am forced to use A900s as my portable 'phones
biggrin.gif

Jan 31, 2008 at 7:57 AM Post #5 of 5
The A900's are good for movies and music. I have listened to DT770s and found them a little muddy for my taste, but plenty of others would recommend them. I probably needed more time with them. I have also auditioned the k271s. I liked those, but I don't know what they would be like with movies. Others may know.

Note the K81DJs are head clamps if you have a reasonable size, or bigger, head.

Hope this helps.

cheers
Simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back