Help me spend some cash with sense
Oct 30, 2010 at 7:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Cortes

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Currrently I own a Lavry DA10 that feeds external monitors Genelec 8020 and the headphone out is used for.... nothing!. Because it runs too loud my JH13pro. Seemingly this only happens with this extra-sensitive IEMs, before I owned some etys er4s  that sounded great directly from DA10. With other IEMs I know DA10 sounds great as well. Unfortunately I can't return my JH13pro and I really want to try it at their full glory.   

My setup is in my office, and for a host of reasons I need a discreet rig. So the less cables and switches the best. This is key for me. 

I want a DAC+AMP (a combo would be also great)  to feed the headphones and active speakers. And, of course, I want to be able to listen to the headphones without the speakers sounding simultaneously behind my head. 

With  all these conditions: (i) no chaos of cables, (ii) need  of feeding JH13 and external monitors,  (iii) synergy with other high-end cans in case I buy new ones in the future, I'm able to spend up to  $1000-$1500 (if less better) to find a solid solution. Provided it is a real solution for next 5/10 years at least (well, I'm being optimistic here). I must say I listen mainly to pop music (30%), jazz&sould (30%), classic (10%), others (10%), and I absolutely adore listening to great female voices. Here go some ideas

I) Sell Lavry DA10 and buy the combo Burdson HA-160D
II) Buy the amp CEC HD53N
III) Buy the amp Apex Peak (internal switch between speakers and headphones, but awful tube on the top that makes it more difficult to fit in the office)
IV) Buy Wyred 4 Sound DAC2 and sell Lavry DA10. At Wyred they can decrease the output impedance to match JH13pros, so 'maybe' no external amp needed.
V) Buy Gilmore GS1. No sure here how would be the change between monitors and headphones
VI) Trash the JH13 and buy other cans
VII)  Please, give me your ideas

thanks for your attention. Any idea is welcome. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back