Help me spend my B-Day $$$
Jan 28, 2005 at 5:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

UserNotFound

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, so i turned 20 today, and find myself with $200 and no debt to pay off.

Where do you guys recommend I look for my next investment after HD280's and E2C's?? Keep in mind i've only had the Shure's for a week, and I'm not eager to get another pair of canal phones. I was thinking a pair of Grado's would be a nice alternative for my 280's, as I do love my Rock n Roll.

As for other things than phones, I've had my eye on building an amp out of decent parts, as RadioShack parts made it loud enough to hear over the mower before i got a real job, but now I actually care about sound.

For source, I plan on using my kenwood reciever/dvd player/optical PC soundcard, or my Zen Touch.

Basically, you guys tell me what you'd do in my position, I'll do it, and report to you how much fun it was!!

Jan 28, 2005 at 5:16 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNotFound
Okay, so i turned 20 today, and find myself with $200 and no debt to pay off.

Where do you guys recommend I look for my next investment after HD280's and E2C's?? Keep in mind i've only had the Shure's for a week, and I'm not eager to get another pair of canal phones. I was thinking a pair of Grado's would be a nice alternative for my 280's, as I do love my Rock n Roll.

As for other things than phones, I've had my eye on building an amp out of decent parts, as RadioShack parts made it loud enough to hear over the mower before i got a real job, but now I actually care about sound.

For source, I plan on using my kenwood reciever/dvd player/optical PC soundcard, or my Zen Touch.

Basically, you guys tell me what you'd do in my position, I'll do it, and report to you how much fun it was!!

For $200 you should be able to find a pair of sr-225's and flat pads. One of my favorite purchases ever. You wouldn't really need an amp any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back