Help me spend money :)
Feb 26, 2005 at 6:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

sburgoon

New Head-Fier
So I'm still basically lost as to what amp to get. I've never felt quite this slow before in my life
wink.gif
Anyway, my question is, with a pair of HD600's and an emu0404 as the source, what level of a headphone amp will I need to start at to see any real difference? Basically, I can spend anywhere from $100 to probably around $800, though I would rather not go completely ape-**** just for the sake of spending money. I guess what I'm asking is, where is the sweet spot for the HD600's? Is it a Gilmore Lite, the Headroom Little with or without the Premium components upgrade? Would a Total Airhead be any good, or am I just straight up missing something? What about the viability of using a new Marantz reciever (or something equally high end)? Are thier headphone outputs as crappy as most recievers? Sorry for the many questions, but browsing through the forums I've heard some amps described as good, some bad, but not a lot of side by side within the same pricerange and not a lot of relative return for the dollar comparrison. Then again, I could just be an idiot... I'm begining to suspect the later :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Back