Help me setup my subwoofer with my soundcard
May 11, 2005 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Drakemoor

100+ Head-Fier
I've recently bought an Audigy 2 value, a Cambridge audio amp, 2 stand mount speakers and a 10" subwoofer, heres my problem. The Audigy 2 has 3 line outs, technically i have a 2.1 setup so i'd like to use the 1st and 3rd line out, when it's set to 2.1 the subwoofer line out doesn't work (i'm assuming that most 2.1 setups nowadays only use a single line out?) and when it's set to 5.1 the sub works but it's trying to make a centre channel so i end up missing gunfire/dialogue in games and on movies. I've contaced Creative to see if theres a way around this but they said they didn't know (and then went on to recommend me buying one of there 2.1 systems
blink.gif
) Does anyone know how i could get the sub channel working when it's set to 2.1 mode?

Thanks

May 11, 2005 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 3
Here is my question, why are you using the sub hooked up to the audigy in the first place? You should hook it up to the amp, what type of inputs does your sub have?

You CAN hook it directly to the audigy, and it will work in 2.1, what are you using to hook it up? I've done this before and it worked no problems in 2.1 mode on a friends simliar hookup. I just used a mini->rca for the line level input on the subwoofer.

May 11, 2005 at 3:56 PM Post #3 of 3
For the sub output to work, you usually have to enable the 'LFE output' or crossover setting. Then you can adjust the crossover frequency at will... although I could never get it to work, either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back