Help me please!
Jan 17, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #62 of 87
Quote:
I mean what does foam tips do extra....? I mean without it my IEM are in my ear what does those foam tips do for the extar isolation?

Is the extra isolation alot of extra or..

The thing is with foams, is that you crush them so they are very small, put them in your ear, and they expand. This leads to a much better seal. This increases isolation and comfort, as there is no plastic/rubber/silicone pressing into you ear. They stay in better as well.

Jan 18, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #64 of 87
Please, stop asking the same thing over and over. You wont find great differences between earplugs and foam IEMs. Listening music could make external noise less disturbing, but again: nothing, no earplug, no IEM, noise cancelling device, security headphones will stop external noise.  

If the noise disturbs you during the night, there are white noise machines (look online). 

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #66 of 87
Quote:
HOLY  **** SQUA LEARN AND READ HOLY ****.

Custom IEM foam tips, how much does it increase the isolation by....

I never talked about earplugs not foam IEMs in general as a thing.

Whoa. squa only tried to point out that there's no need for you to ask the same question over and over again. If no one answers your question, it's either that no one knows or no one cares, but no need to spew some expletives. Being rude won't really help you.

And no one really knows how much custom IEM sleeve(tips) isolates aside from the manufacturers since they're all made differently.

Originally Posted by PlatinumWolfy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The point is that I don't want to be forced to play music in order to block it... and those cosmic ears What o.o lol and yes I'm from the UK

What's the point of using IEM if you're not playing music to block noise then? Just get earplugs or something.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #67 of 87
Quote:
HOLY  **** SQUA LEARN AND READ HOLY ****.

Custom IEM foam tips, how much does it increase the isolation by....

I never talked about earplugs not foam IEMs in general as a thing.

Custom IEM tips are not foam-they are plastic. There are universal fit foam tips, then there are custom molded plastic tips.
It depends on how good of a seal you have right now. You may have a really good seal with normal silicones, in which case you will not get a ton of extra isolation. I never got a good seal with silicones, so I got foams. Never tried customs myself though. They go deep, and take some getting used to (uncomfortable at first) from what I hear.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:54 PM Post #68 of 87
I could explain myself better, so I assume some responsibility for the misunderstanding.

ender323 explained well enough

Custom IEM tips are not foam-they are plastic (acrylic). There are universal fit foam (or silicone) tips, then there are custom molded plastic tips.
It depends on how good of a seal you have right now. You may have a really good seal with normal silicones, in which case you will not get a ton of extra isolation...

Isolation for IEMs is necessary to improve bass response (leakage) and it helps blocking external noise, but its not the main purpose. I mentioned earplugs because you didn't want to listen to music with them (good earplugs are cheaper than good IEMs)

Jan 19, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #70 of 87
Quote:
I don't want to be forced to listen to music, listening to pod casts etc..

So, you want isolation with music playing and without?
With my Comply tips, I can't hear outside noise at all with music on. Without music, isolation is good, but no where near perfect. Also, having cables to get tugged on is annoying, and microphonics become intolerable.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM Post #72 of 87
Quote:
Well then I rather not spend money on the custom and buy more expensive ones  lol

I would advise you to simply get some IEMs with Comply tips, and buy yourself a pair of earplugs for when you aren't listening to music.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM Post #74 of 87
Not many suggestions. You have 5 pages. FIVE. Just buy something. Put complys on if you want. If you don't like it, sell it/return it, and buy something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back