Help me please!
Jan 12, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #49 of 87
Quote:
what is the best isolation IEM with the price of £80-100

I see if I can up my budget to that

In terms of isolation, its about the tips, not the IEM itself. Get some Complys.
100 pounds is around $160 USD. $160 would probably buy you some Ultimate Ears Triplefi 10s on eBay. Sound pretty incredible. Used to MSRP at $400. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:09 PM Post #51 of 87
Quote:
Isn't the JVC FX whatever I have is back opened? So it doesn't isolate as much?

Not super familiar with the HAFX1X, it may be open. Most IEMs are not, though. Mostly about having a great fit-that is what the foams are for. The size does matter though, get one of the mixed packs.

Jan 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #52 of 87
There always will be noise in your environment: no headphones, earphones or earplugs will eliminate surrounding noise, only mitigate because not all sounds are received through our ears. What's exactly causing so much noise? You could easily stay away from the source, do you live in a house? a flat? if you live in a populated area it might not be even possible.  Please, it would be more valuable to know your background before

Jan 15, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #54 of 87
You can always discuss your problem with your roommate/ neighbour . Again, I can offer you a few solutions but nothing will stop the sound from coming.

This should be your best option, for your budget and location. You live in the UK right? cheap custom in ear monitors.
http://cosmicears.com/shop/pure/#

Jan 15, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #55 of 87
Stage monitors should also offer good isolation considering they're meant to block out a fair amount of stage noise. If you have music playing, I highly doubt you will hear the music that's bothering you. Unless you are sitting in front of a really loud speaker. Or else... Just look at earmuffs that will fit you. Surely such a thing exists.

Jan 16, 2013 at 12:53 PM Post #56 of 87
The point is that I don't want to be forced to play music in order to block it... and those cosmic ears What o.o lol and yes I'm from the UK

What are the isolation tips for.. I mean originally... the IEM are in my ears... What does the custom tips do to increase the isolation?

Jan 16, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #57 of 87
Have a look at the Westone or shure range, specifically the Westone 1 or se215.  They should both offer good isolation using comply tips on the westones or the shures olives on the shures.  Amazon also have a sale with the klipsch x10's for £100 atm and these also have good isolation.  I use the klipsch in a loud factory environment and wearing these it blocks out most (not all) of the noise.

Either that or discuss the situation with the other person and ask them to turn it down a bit!

Cheers

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM Post #59 of 87
Quote:
What does custom tips do

They are molded to your ears, you could guess they achieve the best isolation possible but again, nothing will block entirely external sound, you might have to deal with your problem in a different way. 

Any pair of  IEM will give you a nice isolation, try the shures se215 with foam tips, or try to use your own IEM with foam tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back