Help me pick: SR60's w/Bowls or SR80's w/Bowls
Mar 26, 2007 at 2:42 PM Post #16 of 29
F107plus5, don't worry, I guess most guys figure out how to 'circumvent' the necessary limitation for the for sale forums by themselves... as for my rants, I just was in a lousy mood yesterday and in dire need of some grado-love/info and all those rubbish posts got me down in stead of up
wink.gif

still, enough off topic (I'll probably delete the post now that I have had my rant) ... back to the original question (funny enough, this one post by Tele actually was kinda on-topic
biggrin.gif
)

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:02 PM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Televator /img/forum/go_quote.gif
F107plus5, don't worry, I guess most guys figure out how to 'circumvent' the necessary limitation for the for sale forums by themselves... as for my rants, I just was in a lousy mood yesterday and in dire need of some grado-love/info and all those rubbish posts got me down in stead of up
wink.gif

still, enough off topic (I'll probably delete the post now that I have had my rant) ... back to the original question (funny enough, this one post by Tele actually was kinda on-topic
biggrin.gif
)

Oh yeah! We all have our days! My about fourteen hour day ...was that yesterday or the day before?...whatever, that was a good Grado-love day! No tinnitus and plenty of time to listen cause all the kids were pretty well tied up doing lots of things they liked and they all pretty much left me alone with my tunes all day and into the night and all I wore all day were the MS2i! Doesn't happen everyday!

But then there are THE OTHER DAYS!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Know just what Y'all mean!
biggrin.gif

......I'm going to put my bowls on the MS-1then readjust the band and do a test. More to follow. It may change everything.
wink.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:31 AM Post #19 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morinoko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So.. i have the SR-60, the pads were very itchy so i ordered the HD 414 pads.. the new pads are a lot better but still itchy.

Any sugestions?

I found the stock pads itchy as well. I use the bowls all the time now.

Mar 27, 2007 at 9:01 AM Post #20 of 29
HD 414...OMG those are so YELLOW. I think those would sound the same as the Comfys.

Mar 27, 2007 at 12:13 PM Post #21 of 29
Sound wise I don't remember, I was swapping out pads between comfy and 414s on the 2nd day and was still getting used to the sound.

One nice thing about the 414 is the ability to reverse them and add all that extra material between cans and ears!

Now THAT'S comfy! THAT'S stability!!

......IMHO.
tongue.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #23 of 29
You can purchase the bowl pads almost anyplace you can buy Grados. I'd suggest the vendors listed here at Head-Fi since they do help support this evil place.
plainface.gif

Mar 27, 2007 at 1:05 PM Post #24 of 29
bowls should come with stock SR80-RS1...Grado do sell these separate as replacements...the flats are available through TTVJ.

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #25 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by rockbottom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
bowls should come with stock SR80-RS1...Grado do sell these separate as replacements...the flats are available through TTVJ.

I would love to hear the 60's or 80's with the Flats.

Mar 30, 2007 at 2:51 PM Post #26 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to hear the 60's or 80's with the Flats.

Having tested all 3, Bowls, confies and flat with my sr60 i'll say it loud: Go for flat pad anyway !!!

Apr 4, 2007 at 8:34 AM Post #28 of 29
Todd the Vinyl Junkie is the only one who sells Flats right?

Apr 4, 2007 at 11:07 AM Post #29 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Joshatdot /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Todd the Vinyl Junkie is the only one who sells Flats right?

As i know yes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back