Help me pick out some cables to try
Mar 23, 2004 at 1:19 AM Post #16 of 33
Mar 24, 2004 at 7:47 AM Post #17 of 33
I had heard that contacting Grover might be an exercise in patience. That rumour appears to be true. I sent an e-mail to Grover last Friday and another to Steve on Monday. No response yet.

I had been very interested in Grover's Silver Reference interconnects, but if I don't hear anything by the weekend, then I'll have to explore other options.

D.

Mar 24, 2004 at 8:12 AM Post #18 of 33
Based on my experience, Grover usually replies to my emails promptly. Unless he's on a vacation, he'll surely get back to you before the week is over. Or maybe your spam filter just ate his reply.

Mar 24, 2004 at 1:50 PM Post #20 of 33
I sent Grover an e-mail about the silver reference but I am still waiting to hear back as well. Has anyone heard what the price is for the new cables?

Mar 24, 2004 at 2:54 PM Post #21 of 33
$50 more then his MKIIIs so add that to the length your interested in.

It's curious you guys are having problems contacting grover. He's always been very responsive to me. Probably because I've given him 700+ dollars of business, but he seems a reasonable guy.

If you guys are curious about wait times he sent me the following message yesterday regarding his speaker wire:

Hi Fred, Its $12 per foot. An 8 ft. pair would be $192 plus $5 shipping. 2 to 3 weeks turn around depending on amount of orders to fill. Grover

Based on the wait I can imagine he's busy. From my experience it is very much worth it though.

Mar 24, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #22 of 33
Grover did get back to me. A 1M pair of the Silver Reference with XLR termination is $185 plus $5 for shipping. I might give it a shot, not sure yet.

Mar 25, 2004 at 10:19 AM Post #23 of 33
I haven't heard from Grover yet. Unless he disliked the tone of my e-mail (although how anyone could take offense at "Hi, can I get some info on your cables, re: materials, pricing, etc.?"), then I don't know what's going on.

Perhaps that e-mail has gotten lost, but that doesn't explain why Steve Hoffman hasn't gotten back to me or passed my interest on to Grover... unless that one got lost, too.
rolleyes.gif
If my e-mails were lacking in detail, then a response asking for more specific info about my needs would have been nice.

And before people get on my case about spam filtering, my mail redirects to an IMAP server which I check daily. My client is set to not delete anything, not even spam. Anything sent to me should be there.

<sigh> I don't know what to do now. Wait indefinitely, bombard him with more e-mails, or just look elsewhere? I'm leaning towards the latter at this time... not because I'm pissed off but because I need cables sooner rather than later. Therefore, I might just talk to Larry at Headphile about some BlackSilvers or XRS.

D.

Mar 25, 2004 at 2:22 PM Post #24 of 33
Demolition,
grover is usually prompt with his emails. Some times I have received replies from him within a few mins of my sending the mail.
Try resending the mail to him.

cheers
Rohit

Mar 25, 2004 at 4:21 PM Post #25 of 33
What rawhit said, and I don't think you can blame Steve Hoffman for this. I think what Grover is doing is exclusive of SH, and would be like you PMing Jude to pass on message to a seller in the gear for sale forum.

Mar 25, 2004 at 5:06 PM Post #26 of 33
Hi everybody, Sure don't know whats going on with the e-mail I check and respond at least twice a day. Somethings wrong with Steves site also; he says his computer is down. I know those spam filters can be a problem. I never ignore interest in my products for any reason. Grover

Mar 25, 2004 at 5:10 PM Post #27 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by Demolition
I had heard that contacting Grover might be an exercise in patience. That rumour appears to be true. I sent an e-mail to Grover last Friday and another to Steve on Monday. No response yet.

Well, I'm having the same problem with Eric (Nitrogen cables). No answer in 5 days...hmm....could be away, too, I guess. We'll see
wink.gif

Mar 26, 2004 at 4:29 AM Post #28 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by rawhit
Try resending the mail to him.

Once Grover heard that I was having trouble contacting him, he contacted me via PM here. At his urging, I sent another e-mail. If the e-mail proves to be unworkable, then maybe we'll just have to settle for PMs.

Quote:

Originally posted by Gopher
What rawhit said, and I don't think you can blame Steve Hoffman for this. I think what Grover is doing is exclusive of SH, and would be like you PMing Jude to pass on message to a seller in the gear for sale forum.

Actually, I'm not blaming anybody for this. I suspected earlier that some technological breakdown occurred, and it does appear that that is the case. As Grover mentioned, Steve's site is having problems and his personal machine is out of action, presumably making it difficult for him to respond to e-mail. Perhaps, Hotmail's newly-instituted anti-spam measures ate my earlier e-mails to Grover, as well.

As for e-mailing Steve... after my initial attempts to contact Grover failed, I resorted to contacting Steve via the webmaster@stevehoffman.tv address as instructed by Steve himself in this SH Forums thread (the one announcing Grover's SRs). In the first post, Steve states:

Quote:

Those that wish to try Grover SR wire, in interconnects or speaker cable, please scroll to the bottom of this page and send Grover a message via the "Contact Us" SH Forum Webmaster.

(By the way, giving credit where credit is due, DarkAngel's post in this Head-Fi thread led me over there. Thanks, DA.)

Anyway, as mentioned, Grover and I will find a way to talk, one way or another.

D.

Mar 26, 2004 at 4:48 AM Post #29 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by ipodstudio
Well, I'm having the same problem with Eric (Nitrogen cables). No answer in 5 days...hmm....could be away, too, I guess. We'll see
wink.gif

Unfortunately, I've been having some computer problems and was unable to check that email account. I did, however, send you a reply just now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 26, 2004 at 8:15 AM Post #30 of 33
Quote:

Originally posted by eric343
Unfortunately, I've been having some computer problems and was unable to check that email account. I did, however, send you a reply just now.
smily_headphones1.gif

Just got that, thanks Eric!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back