Help me pick out one of these 3 pairs of IEMs
Jan 26, 2008 at 1:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

weeghel

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm going to buy a set of IEMs. I've brought my options back to these three, based upon information I found on the forum:

The JVC HA-FX300B

The audiotechnica CK7

And the sony EX85SL

They range from $60 to $100.
I don't have an opportunity to listen to them in advance, so I'll have to pick one based on reviews and opinions.

I'm going to use them to listen to music at work. They don't have to isolate outside sounds all that well. They do need to be comfortable, because I'll wear them for long periods.
I prefer a neutral sound, no heavy bass or emphasized treble.
They will be connected to a laptop or a MP3 player (I don't have one yet). But in time (few months), they will be connected to a portable amplifer, instead of directly to the source.

Any suggestions on which one is the best one, or which one offers the best value for money?

Thanks.

Jan 26, 2008 at 3:07 PM Post #3 of 8
Thanks. I was leaning towards the CK7s as well. I think I'll order them later today.
I'm looking for a shop that will ship them to the Netherlands at a reasonable total price (phones+shipping).

Jan 26, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #4 of 8
I have a CK7 & love them alot. They sound very good & are one of the best looking earphones/canalphones on the market. I am thinking about getting a second one.

Jan 26, 2008 at 11:11 PM Post #5 of 8
Well, I decided to go ahead: I've ordered the CK7's from audiocubes.
I hope they arrive soon
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2008 at 3:39 AM Post #6 of 8
doesn't jaben.net sell the ck7's?

EDIT: my bad, it's the ck5 they sell, and they sell it in a bundle with the MylarOne x3i's

Users who are viewing this thread

Back