Help me pick out a good watch
Apr 20, 2003 at 9:09 AM Post #16 of 25
If you'd like quartz precision without battery hassle, try Seiko's Kinetic or Citizen's Eco Drive series. I'm using my Kinetic for several months, now, and I'm really happy with it - got it for ~ 220 Euro.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Apr 20, 2003 at 5:58 PM Post #20 of 25
BTW.
If any of you gentlemen have some spare cash lying around...
16317861.jpg

Or you could all chip in
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2003 at 6:00 PM Post #21 of 25
Quote:

Originally posted by lini
If you'd like quartz precision without battery hassle, try Seiko's Kinetic or Citizen's Eco Drive series. I'm using my Kinetic for several months, now, and I'm really happy with it - got it for ~ 220 Euro.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

SKA060
SKA060x.gif

Gotta agree here on the Seiko Kinetic. I bought mine in '95 and it has performed flawlessly ever since. It's never been to the shop and continues to keep precise time. After eight years, I am amazed that this thing just keeps going, and going, and going,...

When it finally quits (if it ever does), I'll buy another one.

Best watch I've ever owned...

cool.gif

Apr 20, 2003 at 6:30 PM Post #22 of 25
Jon,

you didn't say if this was a work watch, a play watch or a dating / formal date watch.

Walmart has a watch that has both digital and analogue. they can be set for different time zones.

me, since i need a work watch, i went with an Armitron El (WR330) which has big digital displays and a chrono. $15.

this is the first watch that i've really had since i broke three watches in one week. (big disk drive magnets killed one, a heavy weight another, and a third was shorted out when it hit a 440 volt transformer. i then used the clock on the beeper. many people use the clock on their cell phones). a friend of mine found a real rolex in the trash bin, and another found a $800 watch on the Amtrack train. so only spend as much as you can afford to lose.

if it's for investment sake, don't buy a digital watch (even if it costs $1000. get a watch that you have to wind or a self winder. swiss is best, of course).

and when you buy it, ask how much it would cost to replace the crystal (glass cover) if it becomes broken or scratched.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2003 at 7:05 PM Post #23 of 25
I love my Tag Heuer. My model has a blue face in lieu of the black shown below. It was an anniversary gift from my beautiful wife.

p8908B.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back