Help me pick out a DAC
Apr 2, 2014 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

imp96

New Head-Fier
Hello, 
I am looking to buy a  balanced DAC. Right now I am thinking of buying Bryston BDA 2, however I am open to any other suggestions and recommendations.
There isn't a particular sound signature I am looking for, just whatever is the best or is one of the best DACs in the price range of BDA 2. I understand there is
no such thing as the best  in this hobby but everyone has their preferences and I would be interested hearing what you think is the best DAC in this price range and why.
Thanks

Apr 4, 2014 at 5:01 PM Post #5 of 9
Apr 4, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #6 of 9
  I have already seen those DACs but they are not in my price range.

So you're sayin they are too cheap? And you're dead set on spending 2400? The Woo WDS-1 is half that and the Schitt Gungnir is 1/3 the price. Then there's the Teac DSD balanced for about the same too...Hmmm. Indulge us as to why???

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #7 of 9
NAD M51, $2K or better still PS Audio PWD MK II - has been $4,000 now available for about $1,900 (new Directstream announced ).

Each has at least equal quality and way more features.

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:19 AM Post #8 of 9
Apr 5, 2014 at 9:27 PM Post #9 of 9
Just like people ask for headphone in a certain price ranges, I asked for suggestions for the best DAC in a certain price range because I believe that the quality of a product improves significantly until a certain price range. For example, headphones at a 500 dollar range are worse then headphones at a 1000 dollar range, so I believe the same principle applies to DACs. If you think I am to snobby, then just don't respond to this thread. I already have a good DAC, Burson Conductor, but I am in the market for a balanced DAC so I wish to upgrade the quality as well, not just buy a DAC of similar quality. As for all reasonable suggestions, thanks for your responses, I will look into them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back