Help me pick my next pair of IEMs!
Jan 18, 2015 at 2:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ohcrapgorillas

500+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

I'm picking out a new IEM since my RE-400s are cutting out (what's the best place to get them recabled?) and my Westone 2 are sold and getting shipped off tomorrow, and am having a hard time with the decision. First of all, I like a balanced, natural sound signature. This is very important: V-shaped isn't natural (in fact, my least favorite sound sig). Warm and dark isn't natural. Mid-forward isn't natural. I do, however, enjoy a bit of extra bass although I'd rather have quality than quantity.

Other than sound signature, comfort and durability are more important to me than isolation.

So, I've got my eyes on

-JVC HA-FX850. These are so very highly regarded and are supposed to have great sound, detail, awesome bass, and rich mids. They are v-shaped or they are not, depending on who you ask. So many raving reviews have made me wonder, though.
-Fidue A83. Also very promising reviews, and I really love that it's a balanced hybrid. Lots of people saying they have a very engaging, true-to-life sound which really piques my interest.
-Zero Audio Duoza. Brand new, dual-dynamic drivers. I've been following the thread and from people's descriptions it sounds very promising. On the plus side, it's much cheaper than the other two listed above, however if I ended up not liking them, returning them would be very difficult.

So, cast your vote for one of those IEMs and help me decide, OR maybe suggest something else?

Thanks in advance!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back