Help me pick a kick ass source and other stuff :)
Dec 24, 2003 at 7:00 AM Post #16 of 20
I never thought the hd650 is so good that you cant put anything better in $4000 setup.Or DT-880.I always thought that headphones themselves affect sound quality the most,then source,then amp.Am I wrong?

Dec 24, 2003 at 9:53 AM Post #17 of 20
I use the HD650/Zu in two different systems. One around $7K, the other around $11K. They never sound like they are holding the systems down in anyway. They more than keep up. They are extremely good headphones. Your source is your most important piece of gear.

Dec 24, 2003 at 10:39 AM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally posted by jefemeister
We have distribution in your area
smily_headphones1.gif

Where? On the website it saus Kuwait or Saudia Arabia ... I cant drive/catch airplane till there ... too busy to do that
frown.gif

Could anyone give me some idea on what the sound characteristics are like between the HD650 and the DT-880 in one sentence?

Dec 24, 2003 at 4:22 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Where? On the website it saus Kuwait or Saudia Arabia ... I cant drive/catch airplane till there ... too busy to do that

I guess my geography is bad. Those are the two places I meant. Anyway, if you have no local dealer/distributor, our other dealers are authorized to work with you. If you need more specifics you are best off contacting our sales department. Check out www.wadia.com for contact info.

Dec 24, 2003 at 11:26 PM Post #20 of 20
From the listed brands, I would second the choice for the Linn Ikemi. I almost purchased one in the last month, but found a good deal on a cary player. They can be found new for around 3k depending on the location. (edit: the Ikemi that is)

Good luck to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back