Help me pick a 2.0 system to replace my broken Klipsch Promedia 2.0s!
Oct 10, 2008 at 3:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

downstairs

New Head-Fier
Three years ago, I purchased some Klipsch Promedia 2.0 speakers after seeking advice from audiophiles like yourselves for the best 2.0 system under $150. And I loved them. I mean I really loved them!

Unfortunately for my ears and for my budget, I am running into the problem that apparently everyone else but me knew about with these speakers, and the left speaker is now on the fritz.

I am looking to replace them with another 2.0 system. It's three years later, but I'm turning to you, the pros, again: (Nowadays) what's the best 2.0 speaker system in the 150-dollar ballpark?

Oct 10, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 8
If you're willing to get your budget up to $200, Audioengine A2 would be a great choice.

Oct 10, 2008 at 8:22 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by jenneth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you're willing to get your budget up to $200, Audioengine A2 would be a great choice.

x2 I love them.

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:30 PM Post #5 of 8
I purchased a Klipsch Promedia 2.1 on ebay for about $80 shipped a couple years back.. Luckily I got a working model, and it has yet to fail me. That thing packs a punch! Not the clearest of speakers, but definitely on par, if not better than the Promedia 2.0.

I recently upgraded to a pair of 4" Tekton Design full range monitors, and they're quite lovely as well, however quite out of your budget range. (230 shipped for me)

Keep in mind, ebay Live.com is @ 30% cash back currently
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 12, 2008 at 2:45 AM Post #6 of 8
If you Google you should be able to find a coupon that should get you to $179 shipped on the A2s. Or B&H has them for $189.

And welcome to Head-Fi with your first official post.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back