Help me out...gift
Nov 12, 2008 at 3:19 AM Post #16 of 23
I bought my wife a pair of Yuin Pk2 ear buds for around 70 bucks US and she simply loves them. And now she loves me more. These are great earbuds for the lolly. No need to amp. Good bass, good soundstage, wow! I should have bought myself a pair--instead, I got the Yuin PK1's--great ear buds, but I gotta carry an amp to use them, although a Fii0 works well with them in a pinch.

My wife uses a purple Ipod shuffle (which I got her for her birthday). Not too much leakage from ear buds. My wife uses her's every day and I can tell that she is thrilled with theim.

Nov 12, 2008 at 3:23 AM Post #17 of 23
leakage on PX100 is all right, they let some sound in, but it's unlikely to disturb other passengers when she's listening to them.

just don't jump-start your gf with audio gear. My gf has ESW9 and Triple fis, she is now demanding that she will use my headphones liberally whenever she wants to.
frown.gif

Nov 12, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #18 of 23
Nice thought starscream, my girlfriend is getting a fiio and a pair of er6 for christmas. And to those who criticize, picture this: maybe this girl is the "one" for starscream... maybe they get married... maybe, 10 years down the road, starscream's wife understands him spending money on upgraditis because of that beautiful day all those years ago when he introduced her to great sound...

Nov 13, 2008 at 1:31 AM Post #19 of 23
I went for a pair of ATH-FC700s from audiocubes. I figured they will be good, hard to get outside of Japan and they are fold-away portable as she would throw them in her bag for the most part.

I think I may also give her my Sony A828 with some of my favourite music on it for her to listen to in really good sound quality. Nice step-up from an Ipod Nano and stock ear-buds.

Nov 13, 2008 at 3:07 AM Post #20 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by starscream /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I went for a pair of ATH-FC700s from audiocubes. I figured they will be good, hard to get outside of Japan and they are fold-away portable as she would throw them in her bag for the most part.

I think I may also give her my Sony A828 with some of my favourite music on it for her to listen to in really good sound quality. Nice step-up from an Ipod Nano and stock ear-buds.

Whoa, slow down there, this is a two way relationship you have here right? Anyways, here's to hoping she'll learn to appreciate hi-fi beyond the sinkhole for money that it is
beerchug.gif

[size=xx-small]Edit: hahahaha, what the hell am I talking about?[/size]

Nov 13, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #21 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AudioCubes.com - Portable, Casual

Why not make suggestions since you know so much about women. We are talking about someone who uses the stock iPod buds right?

audiotechnica_athfc7002.jpg

"Budget for gift generally varies depending on hotness" <-- Exactly what women don't like.

if u read everything, i said "im not saying she will act like this". and..that was just a personal thought. my point was even from an ibud user, would they still like those pink stoned earphones? cuz i have seen someone dislike them (something similar to those pink stoned earphones) at my school when they received them as a gift. and at the end, the point i was stating was we cant think of things that would seem appealing to us if we were to give them to a headphone. we have to think in their shoes of what they would like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back