Help me out between e2c and e3c please
May 27, 2005 at 4:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Stanglover37

New Head-Fier
Alright I just got a shuffle and the e2cs for work out purposes mostly. I really like high sound quality, although I suppose I am not too educated on the matter. My last pair of earbuds were the 50 dollar sonys, i thought those were really nice.

So anyways I like the shures because they wrap around and i figured they would stay in the ear pretty well and headphones arent really an option for working out in my opinion( long hard running).

The e2cs dont have a rubber thing that fits my ear. Before I was using the smallest silicon thing on the sonys which looks to be about 3/32" smaller in diameter than the e2cs smallest one. I am trying out the spongy disposable ones right now, which sound way better, probably because they are actually in my ear now, but I dont want something Im going to have to replace every week.

I know thats a lot of background but my question is: does someone make a smaller fitting for the e2cs? if not, please try and explain why I should pay ANOTHER 80 bucks to switch to the e3cs.

Also if I were to switch to the e3cs, do they stay in the ear as well? would that even solve my fitment problem?

Thanks a lot guys, be patient im nub
icon10.gif
confused.gif

May 27, 2005 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 9
Might want to try the soft sleeves. I use the smallest one and its SUPER comfey. I sleep ON them at night.

Garrett

May 27, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #3 of 9
I just looked at the page, those black soft(?) sleeves look a little smaller. are they just as secure?

Should I be checking out another brand? the store I got em at has the e3cs so thats mainly why im leaning that way.

May 27, 2005 at 5:04 AM Post #4 of 9
From looking at the shure site it doesnt look like i can get any other sleeves for the e2cs. am i not noticing something?

Is there much of a difference between the e3 and e2? the guy at the store said the e3s had way better base...

May 27, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stanglover37
From looking at the shure site it doesnt look like i can get any other sleeves for the e2cs. am i not noticing something?

Is there much of a difference between the e3 and e2? the guy at the store said the e3s had way better base...

IMHO the difference is minor... but there is a difference none-the less. IMHO the e3c has a slightly clearer less conjested sound. IMHO it lacks bass output compared to the e2c.

the soft sleeves are about the same size, maybe a little smaller because they are easily compressed. They insert the tube farther into your ear so IMHO they sound better than the OEM sleeves.

May 27, 2005 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 9
Save money in the long run, buy the E3's now. If you p/u the E2's, you're going to upgrade anyway so........
Be smart, buy the E4 and you won't have to be concerned about upgrading 'til yet get the dual driver bug.
Then of course there's the custom earpiece thing.........

May 27, 2005 at 1:26 PM Post #7 of 9
The E3 fits quite securely with the tri-flange tips for me. I could never get the flex tips to feel comfortable nor seal well.

May 27, 2005 at 5:54 PM Post #8 of 9
I also have very small ear canals. When I was working out w/the e2's they slipped out a lot when I really worked up a sweat - very irritating. I moved up to the e3's with the small soft flex sleeves & the problem was solved -- so for me - the fit problem alone was a good reason to upgrade --- but the sound is much better too -- a lot cleaner IMO. Now I just bought the 4's & the sound is by far better!!! The 4's have that "kick" I was looking for in the others!

May 29, 2005 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 9
I have the E2s and the E3s. Ive been using the E3s latley to fall asleep listening to nature sounds and stuff and they are so little they are nice but for music the E2s sound id more fun. I did stuff foam in the canal so they arnt as harsh as they were stock but the bass is better it just has a thicker sound. The E3s have a thin midrange sound IMO, good for voice and sound that isnt so bass heavy.

I wish the E3s had the bass of the E2s in that nice little package.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back