Help me once again Headfi
Mar 22, 2019 at 10:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

dudleydor1ght

New Head-Fier
With the help of these forums, I purchased Ety ER6 IEMs over 10 years ago. I've grown accustomed to them and have repaired the cord many times.

The left earphone went silent again and I'm not sure I'm up to soldering again.

I'm curious about these cheaper Chinese/Japanese IEMs that I have been reading about.

I'm no audiophile but here is my criteria:
- IEMs
- Budget < $65
- Lots of isolation!
- No sound leakage to avoid disturbing others
- As comfortable as Ety triple flange tips or work with readily available tips that are (prefer no foamies)
- Preferably not a white cable
- Preferably no bass monsters
- Warranty that is actually redeemable

That last part is a sticking point. Many of the Chinese/Japanese manufacturers claim 1 or 2 year warranties, but I have found very little about people actually being able to claim warranty work. Do I really have to pay Ety $$$ to have a manufacturer that will replace or repair a pair of IEMs?

RHA seem to have pairs within budget that may check all of the boxes (including warranty), but don't seem to get as glowing audio reviews as the Chinese/Japanese budget IEMs like Zero Audio.

But none of these have the triple flange tips that I love so much. Either these have fallen out of style. I am hoping there are some after market ones that fit many IEMs or there is something comparable.

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:31 AM Post #3 of 13
With the help of these forums, I purchased Ety ER6 IEMs over 10 years ago. I've grown accustomed to them and have repaired the cord many times.

I'm curious about these cheaper Chinese/Japanese IEMs that I have been reading about.

- IEMs
- Budget < $65
- Lots of isolation!
- As comfortable as Ety triple flange tips or work with readily available tips that are (prefer no foamies)

That last part is a sticking point. Many of the Chinese/Japanese manufacturers claim 1 or 2 year warranties, but I have found very little about people actually being able to claim warranty work. Do I really have to pay Ety $$$ to have a manufacturer that will replace or repair a pair of IEMs?

RHA seem to have pairs within budget that may check all of the boxes (including warranty), but don't seem to get as glowing audio reviews as the Chinese/Japanese budget IEMs like Zero Audio.

But none of these have the triple flange tips that I love so much. Either these have fallen out of style. I am hoping there are some after market ones that fit many IEMs or there is something comparable.

Thanks!

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:51 AM Post #5 of 13
I would recommend earphones from brands such as KZ or the RevoNext QT1/QT2/QT3 iem's

I hadn't heard of these before. I like everything that I'm reading about these (first few reviews on Google), except that they don't have great isolation. Has your experience with them been better?

I'm willing to jump past the $20 IEM range that they appear to be in if that makes a difference. But I like where your head's at -- if they're that cheap, then the need for a solid warranty is more moot.

Mar 22, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #6 of 13

- IEMs
- Budget < $65
- Lots of isolation!

Maybe it's the formatting on my phone, but I only see my quote in your last post.

Was there other text missing Voxie?

Thanks
@dudleydor1ght, sorry about that, the company MD walked into my office and had to abandon my response!! Maybe check out Final Audio. The newly launched E series has just been released. I think the E1000 is in your budget. If you look up the review section a member just posted a very positive overview. Final are a Japanese high end audio company and their E series were launched to fill the gap re lower price points. They have a great reputation re warranty.

- IEMs
- Budget < $65
- Lots of isolation!

Thanks!

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #8 of 13
Thanks voxie.

I have looked into Final Audio. Do they have a great reputation with warranty? I don't quite understand how people claim warranties with these companies being in other countries.
Yep, I understand. Have bought Final Audio products through the years and in truthfulness I never had to claim. They are a serious player in the audiophile community and not some ChiFi company that one has never heard of. I purchased my Final iems from Amazon who in fairness have a good return policy. Maybe that would negate your apprehension? Maybe your getting a bit confused between Chinese iem manufactures and Japanese ones.

Mar 22, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #9 of 13
Have bought Final Audio products through the years

I was a bit reluctant to go for Final Audio because I read about questionable build quality. Have you had good/bad experience with the earphone/cord connection point wearing well?

Have you used any Final Audio products with triple flange or other aftermarket tips that may increase the noise isolation?

Thanks!

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:16 AM Post #10 of 13
I was a bit reluctant to go for Final Audio because I read about questionable build quality. Have you had good/bad experience with the earphone/cord connection point wearing well?

Have you used any Final Audio products with triple flange or other aftermarket tips that may increase the noise isolation?

Thanks!
I myself have not heard of bad build quality on Final Audio but have heard this on just about everything else. Have heard that HiFiMan HE-400S breaks if you look at it wrong and my pair is still going since late 2015 .

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #11 of 13
As @buke9 who is a extremely respected member on Head-fi.. I have never had an issue with the build quality re Final Audio products. All strain areas are well made and robust. I too have the HE-400s another great iem that is worth looking into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back