Help me on my second cans, purely for jazz
Nov 28, 2006 at 6:01 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by zsevgymko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's exactly what I'm looking for. I think I'll dash out AKG for now, be it K501 or K601, and I'm left with HD580/HD600 and MS2. I am slightly leaning towards the Sennheiser models. When did you say you are going to receive your HD600?
600smile.gif

I'm rather excited about having both Senns and MS2i for a wider variety of music, however, the Grandkids are more important than the Grandfather during the Christmas season, so the addition of the HD600s won't happen until after the first of the year.
rolleyes.gif

600smile.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #18 of 19
i'd have to second HD600 as great accoustic jazz cans. even my W5k cannot match the HD600 when it comes to piano tracks
icon10.gif
. u wont regret getting the senns
600smile.gif

Nov 28, 2006 at 8:44 PM Post #19 of 19
Call me krazy, but I think the Grado 225's sound fantastic with jazz. I realize you stated you'd never purchase them without hearing them, so why not get a pair from Headroom and try them out? The Grado reputation is that of a "rock" can but I would wholeheartedly disagree.

I've purchased a few headphones and an amp since discovering this friggin' forum about six months ago (AKG 701 and 501; Grado 225 and RS-1 and an older Beyer 990 Pros along with a Singlepower MPX3) and to my ears the 990 Pros sound a bit bright, the AKG's sound a bit lifeless, the RS-1 sound pretty good but the 225's, now these have a certain "magic" that's hard to explain. They just sound right. I routinely find myself reaching for them over the others.

Just my 2 cents.

AD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back