Help me narrow down my IEM list?
Oct 1, 2016 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

SlyCarrot

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I have been looking for IEMs under $200 and here is my list of what I have it narrowed it down to.

Yamaha eph 100
Fischer Audio DBA-02 mkII
TDK BA200
Westone w10
rock-it sounds R-50        
Atrio MG7         
audeo pfe 122
yamaha eph 100
rbh ep1

I am really concerned with comfort and build quality. I did have Vsonic GR07 but they lasted under 2 years and were not that comfortable. I am not sure if I prefer a balanced armature driver to a dynamic one, but i'm leaning towards the latter. I mostly listen to alternative, hip hop, and oldies (like the beatles).

Other Notes
- How do you feel about IEMS that use bi flange tips? I'm not too sure comfort wise plus I have somewhat small ears.

So could y'all help me narrow down my list?

Thanks

Oct 1, 2016 at 4:41 PM Post #3 of 13
You should add aaw q and shure se215 and se315 to the list.

Oct 1, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #4 of 13
To: nmatheis

Well since it was my first IEM and I've never had another, it is hard to compare. To me though, I really liked the sound of it The bass wasn't overwhelming but there also wasn't too little of it. The mids and highs I can't too much remember (they broke a couple years ago and i used jaybirds between then :/  ). I am looking for something with a warm sound for I do like a bump in the bass, but not too much of it. I listen to alternative mainly and also hip hop, oldies, and whatnot. Just not sure if a single balanced armature driver is what I'm looking for or not when compared to a dynamic driver).

I am using a android phone as my source with spotify premium.

I would be willing to consider an IEM not on my list. I have done a bit of research and have mostly focused my search on comfort and sound. I would also like good build quality, except i just don't care for IEMs that are heavy and whatnot. 

thanks for the help

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:23 PM Post #6 of 13
To: Chef8489

I'm not too keen on the Shure SE215 but I will look into the others. AAQ is a bit pricey for me at 300$

Thanks

They should be around 200.00 usd. The website is in singapore not usd.

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:31 PM Post #7 of 13
Trinity Audio Engineering's Vyrus.

They're tiny, come with a wide selection of tips, can be worn down or over the ear, very well built and come with two cables so you're covered on the durability front.

Great customer service and the price includes shipping. Headfi members get 20% off on most of their product line as well.

Oct 1, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #9 of 13
Ah thanks. What would you say are the biggest cons of this IEM? I'm not finding too much on it.

It all depends on the sound signature you like. These are great ffor the price. Tbey are mid and bass forward with slightly recesed highs. There are a few reviews that we have posted in the review section.

Oct 1, 2016 at 11:09 PM Post #11 of 13

They're tiny, come with a wide selection of tips, can be worn down or over the ear, very well built and come with two cables so you're covered on the durability front.

Great customer service and the price includes shipping. Headfi members get 20% off on most of their product line as well.

Thanks I will look into them.

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #13 of 13

They do look interesting. I poked around some on the site and it looks like the phantom master 4's coming out soon look pretty promising but I wish I knew more about them.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back