Help me make the UE-10 more usable...
Jan 15, 2008 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

sxr71

1000+ Head-Fier
Well, I have ER-4S so I am not new to IEMs and I use foamies with those since the silicone tips hurt like crazy and don't isolate as much.

I tried all the sizes of silicone tips with the Triple.Fi 10s and I came to the conclusion that the foamies are best for me. However, I can't for the life of understand why they have to be so fat. There is a thick silicone rim inside the foamies on the already absurdly thick stem of these phones. These stems are too thick to accept the standard Comply tips or anything else that is not UE only. To make matters worse the terrible thick silicone collar inside those foamies make it a nightmare to insert into an ear canal. They might be a better fit for a nostril or something like that.

This also makes for poor isolation especially compared to the Etys, but I understand that these will never isolate like Etys. Still, I really need some relief because, while these sound heavenly, I wonder if this much pain should be part of the experience.

I have read on these forums that people have tried various methods to make these more usable but I'd like a consolidated thread that focuses on this issue that not only affects me. I have seen various suggestions scattered around in other threads without any follow up on how well these methods work.

Please, everyone post here (or link to) methods you have tried and your success (or failure) with those methods.

Thank you very much.

Jan 15, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #2 of 8
You are refering to the Triple.fi 10 not the UE-10

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:00 AM Post #3 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are refering to the Triple.fi 10 not the UE-10

Fixed. I wish I could correct my incorrect spelling of "usable" in the title.

Jan 15, 2008 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 8
You can click edit then go advanced and you can.

Jan 15, 2008 at 5:25 AM Post #7 of 8
Jan 15, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by chef8489 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You can click edit then go advanced and you can.

Thanks. I hate seeing my own spelling errors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back