help me learn the guitar?
Feb 28, 2007 at 1:58 AM Post #16 of 41
Electric Ukelele, huh?

I'm not tone deaf.

So do I start with acoustic? Should I just find a class? A book? Just research and buy a "decent" geetar?

Where do I start???

Feb 28, 2007 at 2:11 AM Post #17 of 41
I learned the basics from Peter Vogl, he's so nice!
wink.gif

Free Guitar Lessons

Feb 28, 2007 at 7:59 PM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelonious Monk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no, unless you're tone deaf!

Not even! A lot of people who are tone-deaf aren't physically impaired, they just need more practice developing a skill that comes easier to others. I should know, I'm one of them.
wink.gif
Very few tone-deaf people actually have problems with the workings of their ears.

Mar 1, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #23 of 41
Pick up a inexpensive battery powered guitar tuner, like a Korg. It will help when your first learning if you are in tune. Your local music store can also put on some light guage strings and set the action to help your fingers.

Mar 2, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarconiSalad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pick up a inexpensive battery powered guitar tuner, like a Korg. It will help when your first learning if you are in tune. Your local music store can also put on some light guage strings and set the action to help your fingers.

I've had my Korg tuner since I started playing guitar and it's still going strong. I absolutely love Korg tuners.

Mar 2, 2007 at 5:34 AM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by dukpoki /img/forum/go_quote.gif
okay so everyone agrees korg makes good tuners but should i get their stand alone guitar tuners or chromatic tuners?

If you have the cash go for the chromatic. It helps tuning non-guitar instruments and with alternate tunings on guitar.

Mar 7, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #27 of 41
I'm going to be 50 in a couple months and always wanted to learn to play bass guitar. Lately, i've been browsing ebay for some kits. There is a very nice Ibanez bass kit that includes an amp, gigbag, instructional dvd and electronic tuner for less than $250 and there is a Washburn Bass kit that is similar at around the same price for a 'B' stock bass guitar with amp. I've heard of Ibanez, but not Washburn. Is it a decent starter?

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:45 AM Post #28 of 41
A lot of starter kits are very similar, but Ibanez and Washburn are both well-regarded brand names. If you can get the Washburn as 'B' stock (hopefully opened/lightly used) I say go for the better deal.

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:58 AM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by toastmaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A lot of starter kits are very similar, but Ibanez and Washburn are both well-regarded brand names. If you can get the Washburn as 'B' stock (hopefully opened/lightly used) I say go for the better deal.

The Washburn is a T-12B 'B' stock, says brand new condition with no playing wear. comes with a 15watt amp, the tuner, bag, strap, 10' cable, and instructional cd. I actually like the shape of the body better than the Ibanez. Well, hhopefully, I don't get outbid
blink.gif

Mar 10, 2007 at 4:06 AM Post #30 of 41
I was just thinking about how ide like to get a hobby i can work at like the this. Im a huge Blues fan so would the eletric guitar be a lot harder to learn then the acoustic? I just find that i like the sound of eletric better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back