Help me Identify this brand?
Jul 7, 2013 at 12:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Dracconus

New Head-Fier
I recently stopped by a local pawn shop just to see what kind of selection I'd be facing on a new sound system to replace my Radioshack brand Gigaware 16 watt sound system on my computer (it needed an upgrade, BADLY since my wife made me leave my Logitech X-530 with a custom sub, and dual in line 40 watt amps feeding the sub in dallas...*tear* )

So I looked around at several, and came across a subwoofer that had a built in crossover, and is NOT powered. I spoke with the guy, and informed him that unless someone like me that had the knowledge to do what I can with it came along they would have hell selling it, especially for the 50 bucks that they wanted. (50 for a used sub that was dated, and had a few open spots that needed repair, and was passive...HAHAHA, good luck, Charlie..)

So, he told me to talk to the guy at the counter, and that guy said "Well, you know more about it than me, how's about 15 bucks?" "DONE!" I said with an evil grin in my heart; and proceeded home to repair, and tune this baby! (15 bucks for a pretty decent conditioned 10" subwoofer that seemed decent, sure, no problem - After all, if it failed, it was only 15 bucks, right xD )

It was a sealed design, but I've since ported it, and tuned it to 10hz, which is PLENTY for me; However, I'm not quite sure who it's made by.

The logo is what appears to be two "D"s facing one another (so it looks like ►◄ (Each triangle represents a "D" since there is no Alt Code for a backwards "D" I had to improvise. Basically ► = D and ◄ = the opposite facing Direction. There's a CHANCE that it's DA,

from the way it looks, but I doubt it. Picture below: http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj136/dracconusg/20130706_231615_zps8578d06d.jpg

Jul 8, 2013 at 3:43 AM Post #2 of 2
From a google search it looks like the company is "Design Acoustics."  You can see the logo on the photo in this ad:

http://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Speakers-Raw-Drivers/Design-Acoustics/PS-6-Tweeters/One-pair/52525

Users who are viewing this thread

Back