Help me identify this Aria....
May 9, 2004 at 4:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

mahkook

100+ Head-Fier
I have heard a certain aria again and again that has stuck in my mind... it was just played in the last episode of Cold Case (the one where the man was drugged by his drugged by his best friend so he could steal his wife). I know it to be similar to a a track by Yanni, called Aria, but that isn't it. It is a very famous one that most everyone would recognize on hearing it. Soft, and seductive female voice. An ascending sound that is almost angelic.

Something in the back of my head makes me think it has something to do with vikings or valkery? I am most likely wrong, but there is that nagging thought.

I really want to find this aria and put it in my collection. Please point me to some samples that I might listen to in order to confirm suggested tracks.

Thanks in advance!
Mahkook

May 10, 2004 at 1:41 PM Post #3 of 4
I looked in my Tivo recording history and it was either "resolutions" or "the plan". Unfortunatly, the Aria isn't listed in the music synopsis for those episodes. That is showing just the (wimper) oldies... it makes me feel my age.

Now my wife is telling me that she thought the music was coming from the kids TV in the den instead of the show. I was sitting in front of my computer in another room when I heard it and she deleted the program before I mentioned anything to her about it. I could swear that it was from her TV and not the kids... to loud and my ears tuned right in to it.

I once was told the name of this piece when I was demoing speakers at some store in Boise. It was on a CDR that a saleman had and he told me what it was from. I forgot the name mintues later and have been trying to remember it since.

Maybe I will try writing the webmaster of that site you gave me and see if they remember somthing.

My search continues....
Obrigado...
Mahkook

May 11, 2004 at 3:36 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

I know it to be similar to a a track by Yanni, called Aria, but that isn't it.

Yanni's Aria is a ripoff of "Viens, Mallika" from Lakme, by Delibes so that's probably the one you are looking for. Yanni's version contains some of the most horrid singing I have ever heard and he should be strung up for desecrating such a beautiful piece of music.

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

Back