Help me identify a song!
Mar 27, 2004 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Lion Zion

Head-Fier
My friend, Michelle told me she heard a song as part of a t.v. show background music and really dug it. I had her sing a few bars as she remembered it. Darn if I hadn't heard the song myself, either on the radio or as part of my cd collection.

The only lyrics either of us can remember have a single male voice singing at the beginning of the song; "Gotta find a way to get back home, gotta find a way". Then repeating those lines several times, almost mantra like. It is driving the both of us nuts. Anyone out there have a clue as to artist? Thanx!

Mar 27, 2004 at 2:30 AM Post #3 of 4
I don't know, it sounds kind of familiar to me as well...maybe Chris Whitley? What show? What type of music? I know that I hear a lot of music I like on CSI...very random. Also on Public Television corporate sponsors (I think ADM had Yo La Tengo's "Green Arrow")...

Mar 27, 2004 at 3:24 AM Post #4 of 4
Leo's Lyrics yielded zilch, but thank you for the tip. I believe my friend said she heard the song on O.C. I have never seen the show, but they do have a web site that lists the music/themes they play. I checked on the day she said she heard it and the artists they listed for that show, Zero 7, Preston School of Industry didn't pan out. I thought perhaps I may have heard it on my morning drive to work where I will ocassionally listen to Morning Becomes Eclectic on KCRW. I went through their archived playlists and struck out. Then I thought it may have been the Polyphonic Spree, which I listened to once and threw on the slag heap. I wasn't them either.

I hate it when this happens!!

HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back