Help me ID my HD595s. 50 or 120 Ohm.
Mar 8, 2007 at 3:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

mwallace573

1000+ Head-Fier
I purchased a pair of what I believe to be 120ohm HD595s (no box) off of eBay not too long ago, and I am now starting to question if they really are the 50ohm version and not the 120 version. The main reason I ask is that they are extremely easy to drive, only slightly harder to drive then my HD497s. I also ask because I might sell them one day, and want to be sure that I am advertising the correct product. Is there some kind of visual difference between the 50 and 120 ohm versions, or will I have to take them apart to find out?

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 7
You could bust out a multimeter and test the drivers. (Ohms, left to ground and right to ground, on the plug)

OT: Does the 573 in your username have anything to do with Konami/Bemani, or is it some kind of crazy coincidence?

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:01 AM Post #3 of 7
Sooo easy. Plug it into ur computer and see if you have to turn the volume way up to hear. If not, then u have a lower-impedance one.
wink.gif

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by penguindude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sooo easy. Plug it into ur computer and see if you have to turn the volume way up to hear. If not, then u have a lower-impedance one.
wink.gif

Not true. The HD580s are 300 ohms, and my onboard sound can drive them to ear-splitting levels without the volume at maximum.

Mar 8, 2007 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdelayer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could bust out a multimeter and test the drivers. (Ohms, left to ground and right to ground, on the plug)

OT: Does the 573 in your username have anything to do with Konami/Bemani, or is it some kind of crazy coincidence?

Now why didn't I think of that. I will give that a shot tonight.

What does the 573 have to do with Konami? I have been using those three numbers for years at the end of various usernames.

Mar 8, 2007 at 1:42 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Konami is represented by the number "573". "Five" in Japanese is "go", changed to the voiceless form "ko"; "7" in Japanese is "nana" shortened to "na"; "3" in Japanese is mittsu, shortened to "mi"; "573" = "ko-na-mi". This number appears in many Konami telephone numbers and as a high score in Konami games.

580smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back