Help me get my first "Real" Amp!
Jan 9, 2010 at 3:32 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

xguntherc

100+ Head-Fier
Hello head-fi. Someone needs to say sorry to my wallet. To me i've spent a lot, but probably nothing compared to most. I need an amp, I have a PA2v2 and to be honest the difference is pretty small. But that's expected with the amps size and price.
I just got some ATH-AD900's as my first mid fi cans (hi-fi for me). And so far these AD900s sound great. I am enjoying them.

I wanna try to stay around $150-180 on the amp, portable is ok. A SS would be nice, maybe a EF2A by Hifi-man. That looks good. Something from Ibasso. The T4 or T3. $180 is my max, I will use it with my AD900's and some Grados in my future, as well as TF10 Customs and PK2. I might get some Senns one day also.. Most listening will be from my PC that has a X-Fi soundcard that's no help, or in living room
from iPod touch. Most music is ALAC or 320.

Thanks for any suggestions for a Noobie. I listen to a little of everything but rap and oldies lol. Maybe an amp to help the low end on my AD900s or a warmer sounding amp

Thanks!

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That amp specifically says not for IEMs, which is strange, since it's so small.

Small, but it's powerful. If you're worried it's too powerful, get the RM-1, it has the same IC but runs on 9v. I drive my dt880s with it no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back