Help me get my audio life together? Fostex Mk3's, Fidelio X2's.or K7XX... AND Amps? OMG
Oct 2, 2016 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Kyoudai

New Head-Fier
So I made a list of headphones based on the reviews online, especially YouTube.  The main guy I have been paying attention to is a guy who goes by "Z Reviews" on YouTube.  Anyone on board with this guys opinions?

Looking for any opinions on how and where to get started with portable/semi portable equipment.  Headphones, amps and dacs etc.

Anyway, I started off by looking at Sennheiser 598's, then the M50x and M40x's before I traded on this site for some Fostex T50RP MK3's with the nice 1540 pads included.

I went with the MK3's because planar and semi closed (Gonna use them around all the peoples)

I ordered a Q1 amp, but it sounds like it's going to be barely strong enough to push my MK3's... Bummer

I was also looking at possibly getting some Fidelio x2's or AKG K7XX's in the very near future for the open backed boomy goodness but not sure.  Already looking at the cobwebs in my wallet

Appreciate any help or suggestions.

BTW if I am missing an obvious resource or something. Take it easy on me!

Thanks!

Oct 2, 2016 at 10:57 PM Post #2 of 3
I have nt heard enough of his reviews to comment,but most around here put stock in this channel

https://www.youtube.com/user/InnerFidelity

He is a member here.

As far as the headphones you mentioned,the only 2 i have heard/owned are the X1/X2 and K7XX...Theyre VERY different from one another.

I would say the K7XX is the more balanced/accurate of the two,while Fidelios offer harder hitting bass and being a breeze to drive,which the K7XX isnt.

Both are comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back