Help me for the best movie-sound headphone........ I have DT 770 and HD 600
Aug 31, 2014 at 11:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

goyetus

New Head-Fier
Hi all,  This is my first post,  Im a little newbie,  so please,  dont be mad with me :p  

I have one DT 770 250 ohm (I love them)   and one HD 600 sennheiser .   They are connected to an JDS O2  as amplifier   connected to a Sound Blaster Z  (cirrus dac).  I have also an asus D2.        

I want to buy a new headphone.  Love Bass and midBass,  also  clear mids  and high.  

Sorry if I can not explain more detailed,  English is not my main language,   and Im not an audiophile.......

Im seeing a lot of information about different headphones.......  I think  DT 990 pro  could be great for movie-listening........

My budget is about $ 300 ( or 300 € ,  cause im from europe) :p

Could you help me?

Thanks a lot for all.  Here are very impressive people,   Im enjoing a lot reading all the post you made.

Best whises!

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 11
  Hi all,  This is my first post, I'm a little newbie, so please, don't be mad with me :p  
I have one DT 770 250 ohm (I love them)   and one HD 600 Sennheiser .   They are connected to an JDS O2  as amplifier   connected to a Sound Blaster Z  (Cirrus DAC).  I have also an Asus D2.        
I want to buy a new headphone.  Love Bass and mid Bass,  also  clear mids  and high.  
Sorry if I can not explain more detailed,  English is not my main language,   and I'm not an audiophile.......
I'm seeing a lot of information about different headphones.......  I think  DT 990 pro  could be great for movie-listening........
My budget is about $ 300 ( or 300 € ,  cause I'm from Europe) :p
Could you help me?
Thanks a lot for all.  Here are very impressive people,  I'm enjoying a lot reading all the post you made.
Best wishes!

Do you have both the Sound Blaster Z and Asus Xonar D2 installed in the computer at the same time?
Is the motherboard's on-board audio enable or disabled? (in the BIOS).
Is the O2 connected to the SB-Z's headphone output or line-output (front speaker) jack?

Sep 1, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #4 of 11
- I have only Sound Blaster Z  installed in my  pc.  Asus D2  is in another one.  

- Motherboard Sound,  Disabled in bios

- O2 is connnected to Headphone Out,   so,  Is doing double amplification.    Not problem with this,   I tryed very high volume  and never hear any  distorsion in Dt 770  or HD 600 .     I wanted some option from Sound Blaster to enable/disable the amplification,   but  dream  is free.... :p

------------------------------------------------

I would love sub bass sound  in my new headphones,   like the boom extension  when a explosion happen  or similar  (like one real subwoffer from home theater).     HD 600 are great,  but I fell they dont have enough  bass  and sub bass.........

DT990 is really a good option,  but I dont know how well are  against other brands / price range,   this is why im asking :)

Thanks!!!!

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 11
I've seen the X1 suggested as a movie headphone, but I personally think it is more of a club headphone. An amazing club headphone, but the DT 990 has the quantity of treble that is necessary to recreate the visceral movie theater experience. People who don't get on with treble very well are likely to prefer the X1. I don't own the Sony, but I would be very surprised if it could match the DT 990's highs.

Sep 1, 2014 at 10:44 AM Post #8 of 11
thanks a lot.   I searched for  "DT 990"  for movies,   and find  several threads  claiming to be  really good ones  for that!!    :)

If I love my Dt770  ,   I think Im going to love also the 990,   so,   I think my trip is over :)     Im going to buy them at amazon 

Next Stop:  Find a good headphone holder for two headphones at same time  (I´ve seen  some  like a " T " form  that are great,  but dont find them in metal,  only wood.....  ) 

Thanks a lot for the suggestion,  I was searching for two complete days in google  ,  and reading revies for cinema headphones.

Sep 1, 2014 at 1:48 PM Post #10 of 11
  thanks a lot.   I searched for  "DT 990"  for movies,   and find  several threads  claiming to be  really good ones  for that!!    :)
If I love my Dt770  ,   I think Im going to love also the 990,   so,   I think my trip is over :)     Im going to buy them at amazon 
Next Stop:  Find a good headphone holder for two headphones at same time  (I´ve seen  some  like a " T " form  that are great,  but don't find them in metal,  only wood.....  ) 
Thanks a lot for the suggestion,  I was searching for two complete days in google  ,  and reading revies for cinema headphones.

I'm more likely to use my DT990s, over my DT770.

Sep 1, 2014 at 4:22 PM Post #11 of 11

I'm more likely to use my DT990s, over my DT770.

Thanks!!!  really good to know it!!   Im yet searching info  of  DT770 vs DT990 ,  and it seems the general opinion about the 990 quality.  

This morning I bought the DT 990 250 ohm in Amazon after reading some reviews thanks to Souhikyaku9 suggestion ,     Happy to see the family growing! :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back