Help me fix my DAP please
Sep 5, 2021 at 4:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Barndoor

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi Guys,
I managed to break my colorfly C4 whilst trying to change the battery. The battery had some glue on it that damaged a component when I removed it.

IMG20210905161408.jpg

In the just right of the middle there is an empty plastic circle.
This was the same as the 3 black circles near the bottom with 100 on them.
I have no experience but am guessing this is some kind of resister?
Any advice on what it is so that I can get a replacement would be appreciated.
I've successfully replaced the battery, but the device won't turn on. If I bypass this component with tweezers on each terminal then it does boot, so I'm fairly certain that this is the issue.
Would appreciate any advice.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #3 of 8
Sep 10, 2021 at 1:29 AM Post #4 of 8
The inductor is part of a passive filter before the LDO/regulator IC (by the looks) I wouldnt worry about tolerance, as its simply there, to both smooth ripple and isolate that regulator from other power rails (for example an analogue rail from a digital rail) it doesnt need to match others, like in a balanced filter in the audio path. its current capability need not be high and its DC resistance doesnt need to be anything particular. The one you link (at 1.1A and ~220mΩ) should work fine.

Last edited:
Sep 10, 2021 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 8
The inductor is part of a passive filter before the LDO/regulator IC (by the looks) I wouldnt worry about tolerance, as its simply there, to both smooth ripple and isolate that regulator from other power rails (for example an analogue rail from a digital rail) it doesnt need to match others, like in a balanced filter in the audio path. its current capability need not be high and its DC resistance doesnt need to be anything particular. The one you link (at 1.1A and ~220Ω) should work fine.
Great thanks.
I'll measure the physical size of the current one and order one that matches, that is similar to the one I linked. (the one I linked might be slightly larger)

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:01 AM Post #6 of 8
No problems. Also, of course it cant be drastically different, or at least it will form a different low pass if it is, but as it precedes a regulator, it is the regulators performance that will dominate. It also appears to be feeding a cirrus sample rate convertor, so its main purpose is isolating that parts rails from other nearby rails.

Sep 10, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 8
No problems. Also, of course it cant be drastically different, or at least it will form a different low pass if it is, but as it precedes a regulator, it is the regulators performance that will dominate. It also appears to be feeding a cirrus sample rate convertor, so its main purpose is isolating that parts rails from other nearby rails.
https://au.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Taiyo-Yuden/EST0645T101MDGA?qs=lc2O%2BfHJPVbZW1cAalCNvw==
This looks to be about the right physical size, so hoping will work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back