Help me find upgrade for my music style
Jan 4, 2012 at 1:50 PM Post #16 of 20
I decided to give the R262 a try.  I am actually waiting on them and also an E6 in the mail as well.  I just hope to have them by the end of this week, but it's only hope hehe

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #17 of 20
I think you made a good choice, my friend. Make sure to update us when you've had a chance to listen to it. Don't forget that it might take about 50 hours before it performs to it's fullest.

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:02 PM Post #18 of 20
Received my 262 and I have listened to them for about 9-10 hours now.  For a total of around 25 hours to burn them.

I know I have to play music on them more hours to have better benefits.  However, so far, I hate these IEM.  The reason is simple:  I will have to re-encode all my music!!

Half of my music is encoded in 128kbps and the other half is a mix of 320 and Apple lossy codec from iTunes.

Can sounds weird but I'm able to hear more sounds in these IEM compared to my klipsch S3 that is all around base.  And since a lot of my music is ripped from my CDs collection with average kbps, then the sound is average as well.

But, when I listen to some pink floyd that I re-encoded in Apple lossless coded, wow!  Re-262 has way less bass and I'm far from being an expert but they must be in the neutral section of IEMs.  Can't remember who said giutars are very good but even with 10 useage, I have to say this is true.  

So since bass is not very pronounced, then all industrial music I listen simply sucks on these.  It's eve better on my klipsch S3!

Also,  I have hard time trying all the tips to fit in my ears.  I've been able to replace the bigger bi-flange tips with the smaller ones but the smaller ones are still too big and I can't push them far away in my ears to my taste.  About the mono-flange tips, I am simple unable to put them around the IEM.  Their hole is smaller and it looks impossible to fit them.

Also, About the cables that come with the IEM.  There are 3 and have no idea what are their utility
TRRS to TRS: black
TTRS to TTRS: grey
TTRS to TRS(L/R reversed): white

*TTRS: Balanced headphone connector 4 pin
TRS: regular 3 pin headphone connector

Does that mean that if I only use the white one, I will get more balanced sound?

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:20 PM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
Received my 262 and I have listened to them for about 9-10 hours now.  For a total of around 25 hours to burn them.

I know I have to play music on them more hours to have better benefits.  However, so far, I hate these IEM.  The reason is simple:  I will have to re-encode all my music!!

Half of my music is encoded in 128kbps and the other half is a mix of 320 and Apple lossy codec from iTunes.

Can sounds weird but I'm able to hear more sounds in these IEM compared to my klipsch S3 that is all around base.  And since a lot of my music is ripped from my CDs collection with average kbps, then the sound is average as well.

But, when I listen to some pink floyd that I re-encoded in Apple lossless coded, wow!  Re-262 has way less bass and I'm far from being an expert but they must be in the neutral section of IEMs.  Can't remember who said giutars are very good but even with 10 useage, I have to say this is true.  

So since bass is not very pronounced, then all industrial music I listen simply sucks on these.  It's eve better on my klipsch S3!

Also,  I have hard time trying all the tips to fit in my ears.  I've been able to replace the bigger bi-flange tips with the smaller ones but the smaller ones are still too big and I can't push them far away in my ears to my taste.  About the mono-flange tips, I am simple unable to put them around the IEM.  Their hole is smaller and it looks impossible to fit them.

Also, About the cables that come with the IEM.  There are 3 and have no idea what are their utility
TRRS to TRS: black
TTRS to TTRS: grey
TTRS to TRS(L/R reversed): white

*TTRS: Balanced headphone connector 4 pin
TRS: regular 3 pin headphone connector

Does that mean that if I only use the white one, I will get more balanced sound?

Sorry to hear that you don't like them with your industrial music. But as I mentioned earlier, for that kind of music I would've gone with a more v-shaped signature. The RE-262 is labeled "Warm and smooth". However, put them to work a couple of nights overnight as well, so that you get to at least 50 hours or burn in and see if maybe you like them more.

Glad you like them for pink floyd tho. That's what you listen to the majority of the time, right? :)

The white one you should use when having the IEMs over your ear. Kind of upside down. Otherwise you have the black one.

You really should try to get the small ones on. These IEMs are not bass light when you have a good fit. They're no bass monsters in any way, but the bass shouldn't be lacking. I had a hard time changing the tips as well, but with a little work they came on. :wink:

Jan 11, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #20 of 20
thanks for the quick reply, I figured out about the cables.

And yes industrial music doesn't fit with these IEM but I knew it and like you said, my fav band is pink floyd.
For some reasons, the smallest mono-flanges have a bigger hole than the other mono and I've been able to fit them.  I am actually wearing them right now while typing!
They are way more comfortable and I think I'll stick with them for a bit and see how it goes.

thanks for all the tips, it's greatly appeciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back