Help me find this LED
Apr 7, 2010 at 8:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

-eddie-

New Head-Fier
Ive edited my old post because I still dont have a definate answer on how to wire the ALPS RK097 pot, but I think I can guess how to do it now.

Anyway im looking for an LED exactly like this one:

27042010353.jpg

(sorry for the poor quality - from my phone)

It is 2mm diameter, cylindrical, with a flat top. I have spent ages trying to look for one with no success. Does anybody know if this type has a specific name or where I can find one? (this particular one is from an old JVC amp if your interested).

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------
Original Message:
Long time lurker, first time poster
smily_headphones1.gif
These forums are awesome.

Well Ive just placed an order for parts to build my first CMoy with Tangents tutorial. I also ordered what I thought was a volume control with a built in on/off switch (i.e one that you turn all the way down so it clicks and turns off) but it turns out it...isnt.
So, does anyone know where I might find one?

If I do manage to find one, I still have no idea how i would go about wiring it
confused.gif

Has anyone done this? I had a quick look but found nothing.

Thanks for ya help
smile.gif

Apr 7, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #2 of 4
If I recall correctly, beth tangent and AMB sell one in their parts shop.

You probably wanted the ALPS RK097.

Tangent's shop:
Tangent’s Parts Shop

AMB
AMB audio shop

You'll have to scroll down. Of course alternative models/brands exist, and alternative shops exist, but these were the first two that came to mind.

Just a thought: What did you order by mistake? I'm all curious now.

Apr 7, 2010 at 10:57 PM Post #3 of 4
Well I followed the link for the ALPS RK097 (to RS Components) from tangent's 'optional parts' list and it came up with an ALPS 21 1292 and, being the noob that I am, I assumed it was the correct one and went ahead and got it. Ah well. Thanks for the links & info, I will try and get the right one this time
rolleyes.gif
RS dont actually sell it, I now realise, so maybe it was an old link.

Any ideas about how to actually wire it?

---
Grrrr. I just found it on Mouser, where I bought all my other parts. How annoying. £12 shipping =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back