Help me find my new headphone solution
Nov 7, 2015 at 11:42 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

GanChan

500+ Head-Fier
I'm a longtime user of standard over-the-ear headphones, and for the last several years I've mostly used the Sony V6 and Sennheiser HD280 for daily work/movie watching, and occasionally the HD590 when my apartment complex is quiet enough to use open phones (that is to say, far too rarely). Unfortunately, I get the impression that years of daily headband wearing has started to thin the hair up there, while also contributing to scalp irritation. So the question is, now what? I could start using my in-ear monitors around the house (I already wear them everywhere when out of the house), but that's going to aggravate my ear wax buildup, which one ear is particularly vulnerable to as it is....

The only thing I can think of is to try a "wing" type headphone such as the Audiotechnica Axxx series (I use to own and like the ATH-A900). But that design still rubs a couple of spots on the head, and the wings are prone to breakage as I recall....

Any other suggestions? Any "anti-gravity" phones out there? 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 7, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #3 of 3
I appreciate the suggestion -- but my wallet fell into a dead faint! 
basshead.gif

I think a behind-the-neck headphone would probably solve the problem, but I'm afraid most of the affordable ones look pretty underwhelming. Maybe I should try a SportaPro? Or eGrado? 

I would consider clip-ons too, but I always seem to have trouble getting them to secure tightly enough on the ear to reproduce the full frequency spectrum.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back