Help me find my first expensive IEM :]
Dec 4, 2012 at 12:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Xaborus

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all!

I'm looking for a bass emphasized IEM, for daily usage, with a non-fatiguing sound signature, while still retaining excellent sound quality.

The Shure 215's have really caught my eye, i love how they almost look like a CIEM and i love the picture of the clear version on amazon. Innerfidelity also put it in his wall of fame. Although, what puts me off is that it only got a 7.8/10 in sound quality in ljockerl's huge multi-iem thread.

For my personal taste, all i have to compare are a pair of Audio technica CKM50's that i love, but i have a friend with Munitio 9mm's that have absolutly breath taking bass that i prefer to my CKM50's bass. I'd love that type of bass output in an IEM with better sound quality.  

So what do you guys recommend? 

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:27 AM Post #2 of 9
7.8/10 is pretty good considering it is an entry level IEM... If you're looking at the SE215, I strongly urge you to take a look at the LTD SE215 blue. Other than that, the Atrio MG7 is a superb IEM as well for your tastes. Funny how you say you're looking into your first "expensive" IEM and you bring up the SE215 
etysmile.gif

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 9
tdk ba200 recently went down to 139? on amazon, others have said it's comparable to um3x, though there are differences...worth checking out, and maybe put it on camelcamelcamel to see if it drops below 140 again.

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 9
Haha money is all relative to how much you make i guess. As a highschool student $100 is quite a bit for earbuds 
redface.gif

But yeah after seeing that the blue was limited edition i'll probably go that route. Darn marketing schemes 
tongue.gif

Thanks for your input! 

Dec 4, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:
tdk ba200 recently went down to 139? on amazon, others have said it's comparable to um3x, though there are differences...worth checking out, and maybe put it on camelcamelcamel to see if it drops below 140 again.

Love the look and the reviews are pretty good! I'll look into it :] Thanks. 

Dec 5, 2012 at 1:41 AM Post #8 of 9
Alright I've narrowed it down to the Vsonic gr07, Yamaha EPH-100 SL, Shure 215, and TDK BA200.

Input needed :]

If BA200 is as good as people are saying, then even at 145 (on amazon right now), it is a steal. um3x and gr07 cost considerably more than what you want to spend. Just pick one and don't look back, or flip a coin...you'll probably be happy with either one. This forum could drag you into this mindset of always looking for something better instead of enjoying your music, don't go there. :)

Dec 5, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #9 of 9
If BA200 is as good as people are saying, then even at 145 (on amazon right now), it is a steal. um3x and gr07 cost considerably more than what you want to spend. Just pick one and don't look back, or flip a coin...you'll probably be happy with either one. This forum could drag you into this mindset of always looking for something better instead of enjoying your music, don't go there. :)

:wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back