Help me find good portable headphones for Sansa Clip+, best bang for the buck.
Feb 5, 2014 at 5:55 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

TokyoSun

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I am new to all this and I am hoping to find good portable headphones for Sansa Clip+. I am from Serbia, we dont have much good stuff here so I dont have much to choose from and prices are higher (what you see on Amazon and other sites, add $30 to that easy). First I wanted to get Koss Porta Pro, but then I found out about JVC HA S500 and I fell in love with them based on the comments from this forum. Shame they can only be bought from Japan and I dont want to get them from ebay since they would cost me around $60 with all customs taxes and all (if I am lucky that is, because customs are really ripping us off here)..

Another headphones that I was checking out are Superlux HD 681 EVO, they look good in my opinion but they are too big for outside use (would you wear them outside? :D)
Some guy recommended me Audio Technica SJ 55 BK, they are around $68 here. The budget is $60-65 max, do you have any recommendations or advice?

As for the music that I will be listening, I am not limited to a specific genre, I listen what I like (RHCP, Pendulum, Slipknot, Rammstein, Knife Party, Chase and Status, Eminem and so on). Its mostly dubstep these days though. Whats important to me is that headphones have quality sound, I like bass but I dont like when its so strong that it ruins other sounds.

Some of the songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQtZ0ZsTW8c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7bqVLiaIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXIHXQjbtl8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJRaKhURMEA

Feb 5, 2014 at 5:21 PM Post #3 of 12
whatever headphone you will buy, i recommend installing rockbox on your sansa clip+ as i did. using the parametric equalizer of rockbox is an easy, cheap and very effective way to improve the overall sound by setting and storing settings per headphone.

i did this with severall headphones based on the frequency response plots that can be found for example on innerfidelity.

Headphones:

i can recommend both the philips cityscape downtown and uptown headphones (not to go too high out of your price range). the uptown is the clearly better headphone, but somewhat more expensive, clearly better soundstage for example.

also the cityscape downtown is nicely sounding with the sansa clip+ (with a custom equilizer profile i could provide you with), but slightly less clarity and soundstage.

the cityscape downtown is really comfortable but your ears can get hot, it has something of ear-muffs.

the cityscape uptown is also mentioned as beeing comfortable (but i must say only if you don't wear glasses as i do).

both are really cheap to get at a price much lower than the recommended price.

the real dream set out of all my headphones i own or had owned is the UE triple.fi 10 - great bass, precision, ultra fast, your ear drums will swing with the sound and you can feel that (a small minus for the comfort)!

also for the ue tiple.fi 10 i have a custom rockbox equalizer profile that greatly improves the overall sound quality.

Feb 6, 2014 at 11:03 AM Post #5 of 12

(SRB) Kompanija "Pakom"partner za teritoriju Srbije

Vibilia Danas 7321

(21/03/2007)
Kompanija Philips (www.philips.com) potpisala je sa niskom kompanijom Pakom grupa (www.pakom.com) ugovor o saradnji koji ce obezbediti distribuciju proizvoda ove svetske kompanije na teritoriji Srbije, saopsteno je u niskoj kompaniji. Predsednik kompanije Pakom grupa Dejan Pavlovic je ocenio da je u moru falsifikata vazno da kupci znaju gde mogu nabaviti originalne uredjaje. On je saopstio i da je ta kompanija ovih dana potpisala ugovor o distribuciji Majcrosoftovih (www.microsoft.com) proizvoda, tako da ce ubuduce kroz mrezu svojih partnera omoguciti najpovoljnije nacine licenciranja i legalne nabavke softvera za mala i srednja preduzeca i skolske ustanove.

Dec 1, 2014 at 3:48 AM Post #11 of 12
Sorry to bump this old thread but something came up so I couldnt buy myself headphones. Would Koss Porta Pro work fine with Sansa Clip+ even though they are 60ohm headphones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back